Patching Chauvet Rogue Wash 2 Fixture Type in Ion Issue

Hello- When I patch in a Chauvet Rogue Wash 2 at its 15 & 17 channel options, the preset loads just fine and all function parameter channels work. When I try to patch it in at any of the higher channel options, the parameter functions are all off and nothing works. The intensity does not work, it automatically zooms out, and various other functions won't work. Has anyone else had this problem? or what am I doing wrong?

Hello- When I patch in a Chauvet Rogue Wash 2 at its 15 & 17 channel options, the preset loads just fine and all function parameter channels work. When I try to patch it in at any of the higher channel options, the parameter functions are all off and nothing works. The intensity does not work, it automatically zooms out, and various other functions won't work. Has anyone else had this problem? or what am I doing wrong?

what console are you using?
Is this the first time you have used these fixtures?
If not, have you seen this before?
if you have not seen this issue before, what changed between then and now?

So if the fixtures are in 15 channel mode then the console needs to patch these fixtures in 15 channel mode. So after checking what mode the fixture is in go into patch in the Ion. Type in the channel you are starting on and under type select Chauvet > Rogue Wash 2 > what ever mode you have the light in. So if you want to use the 56 ch mode set the light to 56 ch and the Ion patch to 56 channel mode.

Hi SM-01,
Can I assume from your faceplam that you got it figured out?
To change the DMX mode on the fixture, just go in through the menu (the same way you change the DMX address), and select the Mode that you want the fixture to be in. Make sure to hit ENTER, and back out of the menu, so that the setting is saved.

HTH,
-Ford

Hi
I have a number of these fixtures and I always use 17 channel mode. If you go for any of the higher modes, it allows you to control individual LEDS or groups of LEDS and get pixel mapping, all of which is something I don't need. I have experimented with them, but given the number of addresses they need for such features and also that they take longer to program in that mode, I have not gone into it much. Sorry I can't help any more, but rest assured that there is nothing wrong with them!
Denis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back