Pathway Choreo Demo

Discussion in 'LDI 2015' started by gafftaper, Nov 6, 2015.

1. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    That's a lot of light board in a tiny little box.

2. Amiers

Amiers Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.

Lighting Floor Tech
    Is it multi touch? What about the the touch and hold can you just touch it and it goes do you have to stay touched? I saw the button he had but what if that isn't available and the wall plate is only there?

3. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I don't remember. Let's turn on the batsignal for the guys from Pathway... @pathsupport or @VRommel can you answer this?

4. VRommel

VRommel Business Development Pathway Connectivity

gafftaper and Amiers like this.
  5. Tech_Geek97

Tech_Geek97 Member

BFA Lighting Student
    It would be cool if you could use this as a PathPort node if networked with a bigger console so that it could fil a rolesimilar to ETC's Paradigm. Also if you could network more thanone together...

6. VRommel

dvsDave likes this.
  7. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Well as long as we are dreaming a little. I am a well documented fan of your Horizon software, going back to the original stand alone box with wing panels, through the Marquee years, and into Strand. I think there is still a lot of potential for returning to Horizon's roots as stand alone software with wing pannels. There are a lot of companies who make dongles with software out there, but they miss the mark when it comes to adding a wing panel to control them by jumping up too high in price. There are a LOT of people who come on CB looking for a cheap way to run their lights. They can't even afford a couple thousand dollars for a basic console and they often end up spending $150 on a dongle and using Chamsys MagicQ for free (which has a huge learning curve for beginners). I think if you could find a way to sell your software to run on a laptop, a dmx dongle, and a small wing panel (could have the dongle built in) with just half a dozen faders and a go button for around $500 you would have a real winner.

TheaterEd likes this.
  8. VRommel

9. Tech_Geek97

Tech_Geek97 Member

BFA Lighting Student
    This seems like what Martin was trying to do with M-Touch. I agree on the Chamsys point, their "low cost" mini wing is $1,250 which is a big jump to those who are trying to step up from a $100 dongle. Another avenue I have thought about is to make the software multi-touch compatible as a 22 inch 10-point multi-touch monitor goes for ~$300. Not as great as a wing, but a marked step up from only being able to use 1 fader at a time in MagicQ. I do like the disign of your software. It is easy to use(and has a pretty and inviting user interface) like some of the DJ software available however is much more powerful. Honestly your software is already levels above Chamsys in user interface giving very graphical control. I am really excited as to where the software is going and I am already looking into fitting a Cognito2 into my school's tight budget.

10. ChamSysUSA

ChamSysUSA Member

11. Tech_Geek97

Tech_Geek97 Member

BFA Lighting Student
    I have and keybord modes are great (even as much as I try to type in playback mode) however the lack of bump buttons can be really limiting. Additionally the map lines up really oddly on an ANSI keyboard. There are also issues with on screen bump buttons on a windows touch screen as press and hold does not work properly. It hasn't been a problem for me as I have recently purchased a wing however it does make busking very difficult to those without.

12. ChamSysUSA

ChamSysUSA Member

dvsDave likes this.
  13. VRommel

dvsDave likes this.
  14. GaryDouglas

GaryDouglas Member

15. Tech_Geek97

Tech_Geek97 Member

BFA Lighting Student
    On the full size Cognito console there is little use in multi-touch beyond framing shutters which are only rarely used with a board in it's price range. However the Choreo, while a great value to the infomed person, lacks physical faders and is very expensive compared to other wall mounted lighting control panels which will likely not be missed by the school administrator or confrence center manager who must grant the money to purchase it. To the programmer the choreo is very powerful for p[rogramming and control tool, however all the administrator sees is a very expensive light switch that fails to be able to do something as simple as turning on multiple groups of lights at once. Comparing to other commercial control systems like Savant which uses an iPad mini (or full) as the wall mount controller and has full mulittouch capabilities (although it does need a centalized controller and is not completey standalone. This wouldn't be a problem for a performance facility with a knowlegeable technical director however it may limit expansion into other industries. If multitouch is prohibitevely expensive due to IP another option would be seperate, matching wall panels with physical handles. This would also alleviate issues that i alluded to earlier in the thread about multiple units networked together without having to buy many expensive panels just to act as a glorified light switch because the main one is doing all of the heavy lifting.

Though I am probably going beyond the intended scope of this product so I may jsut be talking out of my ass.

Thanks,
    Tech

16. GaryDouglas

GaryDouglas Member

17. WorldwidelLaserLightShow

WorldwidelLaserLightShow Extreme Laser Light Shows Laser Logo Design

High Power Laser Light Show Design
    Rob likes this.
  18. VRommel

19. dvsDave

dvsDave Benevolent Dictator Administrator Senior Team CB Mods Fight Leukemia

I'll be there to see what you've got up your sleeve!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice