Pathway Cognito lighting console

Thanks Van, Brian and folks are already on it. According to the manual, the personality is correct, and it may be the fixture is not set correctly. I am going to look into that as well.

Install was handled through Barbizon, but anyone can make a mistake if the menus get deep and confusing enough and require 22 button pushes. So I'll take a look at that. If the result is still "no joy", I'll start talking to Elektralite and share with you anything I learn.

/hijack
@pathsupport , @VRommel , et al:
If a fixture profile can be written solely from the manufacturer's "DMX map", does this mean Cognito does not use Mr. Bell's Abstract Control Model ?
Or (as I suspect) like many/most consoles these days, one can use either "arbitrary" or "real world" values in writing a fixture definition?
One really shouldn't/doesn't expect a low-priced console manufacturer to buy, calibrate, measure, and evaluate every fixture on the market in order to provide an absolutely accurate personality. Or not?
/end hijack

Cognito uses the Abstract Control Model exclusively.

We use the DMX map along with tidbits of information from the fixture manual ( and a generous sprinkle of experience!) to create the fixture model.

It's generally not necessary to buy the fixture - we respond very quickly to feedback from our customers when things need refinement.

Wow! Now that Gary's here, I believe everyone from the Pathway booth at USITT has checked into this thread. Thanks for hanging out with us on CB!

Upadate - I took one Elektralite 1018 PAR (1018 Quad LED PAR 56 | elektraLite) and switched it to AR2.S and even still with the 11 channel mode, it fixed the issues. Brian Evans and Robert Armstrong were right on top of this as soon as I contacted them, and have already re-written the personality for the 1018's. I will install the new personality, since the 1018's are already patched in a 7 channel layout. That way I can skip all the repatching.

Not that it is any big deal on the Cognito. You could not have made an easier, more friendly console to work with. Yesterday I rebuilt our Express 48/96 cues into Mems on the Cognito, as well as looks for our intelligent lights. Moved the Express out, moved the Cognito in. I did my first staff training with four folks last night, including one who is completely new to lighting console operation. They all took to it like ducks to water.

I will likely purchase your hardware solution for the PC version and use that in auditorium 3 when we upgrade in there, as well as having it as a backup for the physical console.

Great job guys!

We talked with the Pathway guys about the cognito 2 at LDI and USITT. The console itself hasn't really changed in terms of functionality. However, they've upgraded the hardware and for about the same price you get more universes than before.

The one big change is it now supports an external monitor. That might make a difference for some people.

That might make a difference for some people.
An external monitor certainly moves it up on my consideration list, although an external touchscreen would move it even higher up the list.

Give 'em an inch, they'll want a mile.

An external monitor certainly moves it up on my consideration list, although an external touchscreen would move it even higher up the list.

Give 'em an inch, they'll want a mile.
Well, you can always touch your Neato app.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back