Control/Dimming PC/Mac Lighting Control Software recommendation

Zac Austin

Hi all,

I am looking for a lighting control application, preferably for mac but I don't mind having to use a PC if it does what I need it to do.

I am used to working with professional grade consoles like the MA2 series, HOG4, ETC Eos series, etc. I have gotten really used to the workflow of these consoles, especially MA. I am looking for a software that will work with my ENTTEC USB-DMX Pro MkII that has a similar workflow to something like an MA.

The main kind of features I'm looking for is the ability to create groups, presets, macros, etc, then just select the group, select some presets and store the look onstage into some form of playback. I also am looking for a software if a similar effects workflow to the MA, in that the effects can be stored into a cue in a cue list or even into presets.

I've been using QLC+ and Freestyler at the moment but I find that QLC+ takes too much time and that the effects workflow in freestyler doesn't let me achieve the functionality I'm looking for.

I don't mind paying for the software either if it is exactly what I'm looking for.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Please take a look at Cue Player Lighting. It is from my company and allows you have group selection of channels, scene storage and retrieval, and cue lists. It works with the Enttec MkII to control up to 1024 channels. There is a 30 free trial and you may message me personally if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back