Pearl LED WH

brozeph20

We recently purchased new Pearl LED WH lights. They are led lights that spin and produce beams of light while spinning. We can only control it with sound activation or DMX (which is almost impossible to use with this situation). WE don't like the look with the unit picks up sound but do like how it looks when no sound is being made, however, we only use it at a very loud time in the show. Is there any way to turn down the sensitivity, take out the mic without harming the unit, or control it without DMX.
Any help would be appreciated!

Most sound active lights have an audio sensitivity knob that you can turn all the way down making it, well, sound inactive. If yours does not have this knob I don't see any reason why someone with solid electronics knowledge wouldn't be able to open up the fixture and bypass the mic. In my mind, if you clipped and capped the wires running to the mic, you will have succeeded but I could very possibly be wrong. These wires would not be dealing with substantial voltage but I would be concerned about the modification damaging a PCB or something, though unlikely. Note that this would void any and all safety listings on the product, so work should be done at your own (and venue's) risk by qualified personnel and only if you are the owner of the fixture or have permission from the owner.

A simpler and possibly just as effective method would be to try taping over the mic and see if that helps.

Edit: I just read the ADJ website on this unit and it said there is a remote (sold separately) that plugs into a 1/4" jack somewhere on the unit. Maybe this remote has a "static" setting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back