Pearl River: Where are they available for sale?

jufam44

I am looking for a Pearl River lighting online dealer. Specifically, I'm looking for a price on the Pearl River XL-575. Can anyone help me?

I am looking for a Pearl River lighting online dealer. Specifically, I'm looking for a price on the Pearl River XL-575. Can anyone help me?
If by Pearl River you mean PR Lighting LTD. which would be "Pure Reality Lighting" who "make" the XL-575 they only list one US dealer, just look at their distributors page. Once again, the problem with trying to buy gear that is not mainstream. At least they tell you straight up that they are a Chinese company.

What they lack in quality they make up for in the fact that you can have 16-bit control over almost every attribute. Why you need 16-bit iris and dimmer control is beyond me.

I would not suggest buying these fixtures unless you can get a hands on demo or you personally know people who have used them and recommend them.

I would not suggest buying these fixtures unless you can get a hands on demo or you personally know people who have used them and recommend them.

Exactly. They don't look nearly as cheap as the JamStar fixtures, but they're still not gonna be great...especially if they're for rental and not installation (ie they'll be moved alot).

Some of their fixtures are quite pricy-almost $10k USD, which suggest either high build quality or extremely ridiculous markup. I'm looking for 2 (somewhat) quality wash lights that will be permanently installed, just to provide a general stage wash with a pan tilt control. Zoom would be nice, but unnecessary. Any ideas?

So does anyone know of a good CMY wash for under 1500/Piece?

I've heard quite a few good things about the Elation Power Wash 250. I've also seen some in installations where they've been in use for several years problem-free. This is a proven lower-end fixture, and quite good for the price. It's been on the market for a while, and you just have to find the right dealer who'll cut you $200 below the MAP.

You might also be able to get used Studio Color 575 S units in good condition for that price.

Last edited:
If you are just looking for wash fixtures, you can probably pick up a used pair of MAC 600s in that price range. Surf the used gear sites like Solaris Network and GearSource.

If you are just trying to accomplish a general wash you would get better coverage and ease of use if you buy a handful of conventional fixtures with color scrollers. This solution is also easier to maintain. Another solution would be Source 4 and SeaCahngers.

Here's the thing there are no GOOD CMY fixtures for under $1500. There are cheap knock offs in that price range but they are likely to barely outlast their warranty, if they have a warranty at all. They are from Chinese import companies who make them cheap and then may disappear so if you ever have a problem a year from now you will be stuck with an expensive doorstop that is impossible to repair. Don't buy them.

So Let's try it this way. What follows is a list of reputable dealers. Some are high quality (and you may not even be able to afford them used), others are lower quality but at least they are going to be in business next month if you have a problem. I would not buy any moving light fixture unless it's from one of these companies:
Martin, High End, Elation, Chauvet, American DJ, Robe, Clay Packy, Coemar, and Vari-lite. (... did I miss anything?)

Probably the cheapest option is to put a Seachanger XG Wash on a Source Four, make it move with either a Rosco I-cue or Apollo Right Arm. For around $2500-$3000 each depending on if you need power supplies, DMX cable and the quantity you are purchasing. That's probably about the cheapest CMY wash option out there. From there, you probably are looking at something from Elation in the closer to $4k range. Or go used. You can find some good deals used.

Last edited:
A few notes:
-I live less than 20 miles from "Omni Sistems" and I have never heard of them... that scares me a little.
-Also from what I can tell that instrument is not CMY. The P.R. website has a dead link to their product page... that also scares me. The Omni Sistems information though shows it as not having CMY, just two color wheels.
-That instrument listed isn't a wash light. It's a spot or profile model.

Now if the XL575 is a model of what you want and you don't need CMY and you want a spot model. There are options from Chauvet and Elation that should do the trick and are close to your budget. A Chuavet Qspot 575 looks like it sells for about $2000. An Elation Powerspot 575 runs around $2250.

Both products would probably be considered high end DJ equipment in our industry. They are not the greatest but they should be fairly reliable and if you have a problem they shouldn't be hard to get repaired. Elation has really been working hard to improve it's image in the industry lately. I know Icewolf has a couple of their top of the line models and he's quite happy with them.

One other thought what about some moving mirror instruments. Solaris has several used Tehnobeams, Cyberlights, and Roboscans all in your price range.

Last edited:
Wow that web page totally messed up my browser. Just hung me out to dry.

I did notice a full page add for P.R. in the current PLSN which clearly states that the XL 575 doesn't have CMY. On the other hand they have enough money to buy a color full page add in PLSN which seems positive.

Going back to the original post I noticed you said you have 10 MAC2k's and you are looking for 4 lights to compliment them. While the color temperature would be correct, it seems to me they would read very poorly if you have MAC 2k's on at the same time since the 2k's are So much brighter.

That also takes out the Seachanger option as the color temperature would be wrong. I suppose you could run CTB in the Source Four in front of the Seachanger to fix that. But even an HPL750C would look Dim in comparison to a Mac 2k.

Lets see... SeaChanger=Near infinite color palette, color temp is a non issue. If you have color mixing capabilities you can match colors to almost anything.

:oops: DOH! DUH! Let me just say I've had a fever, chills, the whole stomach flu fun lately so I'm a little off. However the intensity could still be a problem. The seachanger cuts the intensity of the HPL 750C down significantly... of course there's that whole issue of how much does a saturated gel cut the intensity too. But it may not do a very good job keeping up with a Mac2k.

Just because they produce a product with no photometric data at all you've got to bash them?.....
I think he bashed them because we do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back