Loudspeakers peavey 1510ht speakers

Steven100

does anyone have any info or specs on the peavey 1510ht 3-way speakers. apparently there is no official manual. i just bought a pair, and though they are great, i would like to know more about them.

I have no idea, but judging by the name of them, I'd say there's a 15" woofer, a 10" midrange, and an HF horn. After doing a little digging I found the impedence is 8ohms(like any speaker), 300watts program, and it's biampable by the strangest system I've ever seen. It runs one full range 1/4" input (looks like no parallel jack). you can amp the woofer with a seperate 1/4" jack and you can amp the high's with an XLR??? I've never seen it before, and it's a really bad idea running speaker cable with an xlr on the end, but whatever. here's a pic if you want to see for yourself: Auctiva Image Hosting

according to the specs on the backplate, it can permanently damage your hearing, so be careful :rolleyes:

Other than that, they seem like your standard everyday PA speakers. If you're going to run them full range, don't worry about it, just be sure not to plug into the woofer jack (cover it with some gaff tape or a rubber cover). Other than that, not much else to know. Have fun with them, they look pretty sweet.

i think the XLR jack is so you can run lows and highs through the same cable, but still bi-amped. other than that they sound great. I haven't been able to find a manual for them. peavey support says there was never one, but i dont believe them.

According to the input plate shown here, eBay.com.my: (2) Peavey 1510HT 15 Inch Speaker Enclosure Pair Bi-Amp (item 260344386111 end time Feb 05, 2009 05:16:07 MYT), the one 1/4" TS is wired in parallel with the XLR (Tip paralleled to Pins 2 and 3 for +, sleeve paralled to Pin 1 for -) for full range operation or the HF portion of biamp operation, the other 1/4" TS connector is for the LF signal in biamp mode. Since there is no switch or anything, perhaps using the LF 1/4" connector breaks a path inside for biamping.

According to that same listing, the drivers are a 15" Scorpion Plus, a 10" Scorpion Plus and an HT94 tweeter. The 1510HT was apparently made between 1986 and 1991, so it's probably around 20 years old. 150W continuous/300W Program is pretty low for a three-way with a 15" woofer by today's standards, so be careful of what you use for power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back