Peeling floor

It has to be in writing as defective and never corrected. It could be a design error or ir could be a construction flaw. Either way the owner recieved a defective system and needs to demand correction or - most likely - replacement. The owner powers that be may not be so inclined.

Yesterday I got an email that said their research showed that Broadway uses chalk and/or spray paint so could we use that.

Yesterday I got an email that said their research showed that Broadway uses chalk and/or spray paint so could we use that.
wow... you could let them know that the vast majority of professional theatres use glow tape with clear packing tape over it, or spike tape.... hence the name, 'Spike tape'...

Just wow.

How would CB forums move forward? What advice would you give?
Our facility is about a year old. In that year our new maso floor has been painted twice and sanded down before the second painting (of Sherwin Williams paint) bc it pulls up in chunks after use. We've had rentals come in and we've used our own gaff tape. It doesn't matter what we use, it all comes up this way.
The building is about to be decommissioned from the construction company who built it. Do you have any suggestions on how we can proceed before they don't have to be held accountable?
I didn't have a Corgi, so I used an 8" crescent wrench for scale.

We are in the same boat, I was going to rent a floor sander this summer and give that a try. Should I not bother?

A floor sander won't solve the delamination problem.
@sk8rsdad Perhaps you're not considering all the options? If you sand sufficiently, you can sweep and vacuum away all of the poor quality pseudo Masonite then simply replace with freshly finished new, durable, higher quality, stock.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Just forget the contractors and start submitting work orders for replacing the floor. Unless you can get higher ups to support you, its hopeless.

You can goggle for images of stage floors - broadway load ins returned some.

But best, say great and start demanding all the other things you have on broadway! Thats a comparison that could be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back