Pepper's Ghost quandary

JerseyMatt

Ok I've hit my next snag.. This show has a scene where a ghost is supposed to appear in a doorway, then disappear as an actor runs through the door. I thought this would be a perfect application for Pepper's Ghost, however when I thought it out, the illusion works "backwards" of what I need to have happen..

Normally the main scene would appear through the glass and the ghost would be off to the side.. But since the actor has to actually come through the doorway, I can't see any way of making it work with the simple 45 degree reflector since the glass would block the direction that the actor would be coming from.

Anyone have any ideas or alternatives?

The door needs to be the "ghost" in the effect. If you are doing the show Ghost, it has been discussed here before and there's a nice drawing of how it was basically accomplished.

The door needs to be the "ghost" in the effect. If you are doing the show Ghost, it has been discussed here before and there's a nice drawing of how it was basically accomplished.
Its not Ghost, it's called Ghost in the Meadow (Joe Simonelli). I did read the Ghost Musical thread and watched the youtube videos there, because i thought it would be useful. Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to do it with the door as the "ghost". The door needs to be physical - the actors physically try to open it (it is supposed to be locked) and we have no practical way to get the reflector onstage like the poster frame in Ghost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back