Performance evaluation

norwintd

Fight Leukemia
I am in charge of handling all AV, lighting and staging for a k-12 school district and I have been asked by my HR department to create a 10 question performance evaluation survey to be given to both internal staff and outside groups who use our facilities, equipment and my services . The survey results are to be used to evaluate me as part of my yearly employee review. I was wondering if anyone else out there may have a similar survey or might have an idea on questions to ask for evaluation?
as always I appreciate any and all help.
-T

So far my bullet points are:
pre event communication
facility and equipment prepared as requested
were questions and concerns address in a timely manner
was the staff member friendly and courteous
if there were problems were they solved to your satisfaction
were you satisfied with your overall experience

Some other things a client might be able to assess:

flexibility, perhaps regarding last minute changes on day-of-event?
knowledge of space/equipment
state of space/equipment (looking for some back-up to get some old stuff repaired/replaced?)

I find it interesting that they're asking you to compose the survey. I guess you could just make a list of the things you believe you do well and phrase them as questions, being careful not to mention the things you have a hard time with, of course!

Best of luck,
Jen

Irwin PA? How long have you been there? My college room mate and friend graduated from that high school.

Via tapatalk

I'm putting together the exact same form right now for my district. I'm one of the two professional technicians the school hired this year for the first time in...well, ever. I've got basically the same bullet points. Plus, the closer, "will that be cash or check?" I know, it's rude, but try getting an angry Indian woman to pay you after a completely unavoidable disaster. Bad audio is still bad audio. Even if I do have a PM5D.

You can't please everyone. I don't like the idea of people evaluating you specifically... if they wanted to evaluate their experience at your building then that is a choice but a per show thing could be a bit more then you want to handle. Go bigger picture. Also, you never want to have any question that makes them think "I don't know, but now that I think of it...".

Personally, I take any community promoted even as a success if they don't call our executive director on Monday screaming about something. If the show happened, no one go hurt, and the building did not catch on fire it is a success. If the client was happy in the process great.

https://www.utexas.edu/cee/tcc/downloadzone/forms/TCC_Evaluation_Form_and_Letter.doc
http://www.myrtlebeachconventioncenter.com/machform/embed.php?id=19

Jen - thanks for the suggestions. I do plan on skewing the questions in my favor as much as I can.

Josh88- I have been here since fall of 06 so if your roomate was here and did anything in the performing arts they would know me.

Footer- I don't necessarily agree with everyone getting to evaluate me either so I want to skew it toward their experience using the facility instead of directly about me. I have been in this position for 8 years and they just decided to come up with this survey idea since I have no supervisor and HR has no understanding of what it is that I do. So they figured this was a way to get feedback from the people I actually work for.

They would have been seniors when you came along then, Joe Connelly and Brent Winzek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back