Periaktoi with backlit scrim side panel

Hello awesome technical community!
I will be directing "Frozen Jr" next year at my middle school. I was thinking of building several large periaktoi to make the scene changes more fluid. I have this idea to have one of the three side panels be made of scrim and put light inside so that I can make it glow to look like Elsa's ice palace. Can this be done? Can anyone offer advice as to how to make this happen, or, if you have another idea, let me know?

Thank you.

There are battery powered LED fixtures that you could put inside. I have't seen many that have wireless DMX, however. Most I have seen run on Bluetooth, which may not be a big deal if you can control them from offstage. Many of the Bluetooth wireless lights are DJ fixtures, so you may be able to rent some for a decent price.

... I have this idea to have one of the three side panels be made of scrim and put light inside so that I can make it glow to look like Elsa's ice palace.
I think scrim is the wrong material--its whole point is to appear solid when lit from the front and see-thru when lit from behind. I'd use frosted white plexiglas, coroplast, or twin white or gray projection screen, or vinyl shower curtain.

Have a look at our RC4 wireless dimmer devices. Use 12V LED tape from Amazon as the light source, and a 12V battery that will be sized based on overall power draw and required running time. We can help you figure that part out.

And you do not need to purchase — we also rent what you need, and you’ll find our rates are very reasonable. Have a look at www.rc4wireless.com and you’ll see several different product categories. The least expensive is RC4Magic running in the 2.4GHz band. At only slightly higher cost you’ll get longer range with RC4Magic-900 in the 900MHz band.

Jim
RC4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back