Peter Mitchell, owner of Moveable Power, died this weekend.

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
PETER MITCHELL owner of MOVABLE POWER, educator in giving classes to all and go to person expert on power issues and owner of an important power supply company died of cancer over the weekend. I was but a child in his experience with, yet he took me on always helpful. Another mentor gone in even helping on old lights history. I am very sorry to not in the future see his always happy to see you spirit, and training he gave me. "Hallow There" he would always make in visit to me even if not about me in project but in visit. Needed more time to understand in limited exposure to fully understand what he knew. Now, the stuff I used to ask is without him...

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter was also the founder of Chicago Spotlight. A free yellow pen with every rental contract. I still have a couple...somewhere. OMG they're over thirty years old!--I bet they don't even write anymore.

He will be missed.

I did not know that. In than in some way it helps to sustain his legacy in the follow spots he used to sell to and service to area venu's. With good support by Strong, a refreshed inspiration to keep those old lights going in factory or better condition. I was not looking forward to servicing the ones we didn't get to before the big shut down, But now look forward to it.

From the Daily Herald-

December 31, 1946 - April 24, 2021 - Peter Mitchell (74) of Chicago, IL passed away peacefully with his family by his side. Peter was a hard working entrepreneur, who will be remembered for the impact he made in the Chicagoland Entertainment Industry during his time owning and operating Chicago Spotlight and Moveable Power. He was know for his creative out of the box solutions and business standards of excellence. Anyone who met Peter knew he was a generous and fair man who was not without a sense of humor.

PETER MITCHELL Obituary (1946 - 2021) - CHICAGO, IL - Daily Herald (legacy.com)

"Tuffy" the rigger died this week also... Great guy, gave me his rigging test notes at one point in helping teach others. Married one of our former "family of tech's" and had a family with kids. Our go to person to ask or get done on rigging in addition to Peter for PSU. Prey this does not go in three's in hitting home hard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back