Philips Selecon Recalls Four- and Eight-Leaf Barndoors for Rama Luminaire Stage Lights Due to Impact

philhaney

CBMod
CB Mods
Philips Selecon Recalls Four- and Eight-Leaf Barndoors for Rama Luminaire Stage Lights Due to Impact Hazard

Consumers should stop using this product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

The heat of the stage lights can make the barndoors detach from the light and fall, posing an impact injury hazard to individuals below it.

Consumers should contact Philips Selecon at (800) 478-7263, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, at email [email protected], or online at www.seleconlight.com and click on Barn Door Update for more information.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014...af-Barndoors-for-Rama-Luminaire-Stage-Lights/

I had those at my old theater and they were really nice, but I always wondered about the shape of the frame that slides in the gel slot It's not square, it's rounded on 2 of 4 corners. Always seemed like a bad idea to me. I think we now know why. At least they have a really nice hole for attaching safety cables.
proxy.php

"Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled barndoors and contact Philips Selecon for a free safety cable and installation instructions."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should never leave anything up in the air, unbolted, untied, or unsafety cabled. Especially barn doors, whatever brand they are.

Should never leave anything up in the air, unbolted, untied, or unsafety cabled. Especially barn doors, whatever brand they are.

Very true, and painfully apparent if you've ever put barndoors on a 65Q fresnel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back