Phish New Years Eve 2016 at Madison Square Gardens

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
I don't know why we are all focused on the Mariah Carey debacle, when at the same time in the same town, Phish put on a CRAZY New Year's Eve concert including the most insane balloon drops I've ever seen.

The video is 25 minutes, goes Petrichor → Auld Lang Syne → Suzy Greenberg. There are THREE really neat things happening. 1. The "rain" starting around 6:45 , then 2. The LED umbrella's starting at 10:36, and lastly, 3) Fast forward to 17:08 for the craziest balloon/confetti/inflatables drop ever and make sure you can hear the video, the band makes hilarious sound effects.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a behind the scenes video of what they used for the rain effect.

The water marbles are from Florist wholesaler RJCarbone ( http://www.rjcarbone.com/p/Water-Marbles-8oz-Colors/SMAWM8/ ) and I'm pretty sure that concert bought up the entire available stock of water marbles currently in the US. :shock:

So, what prevented the dancers from slipping on the rain pellets?

According to David Gallo Designs, "The floor had a unique gritty surface and the dancers were all wearing special socks that made the floor like a giant piece of velcro. Depending on how you landed your feet would either stick or slide. The piece was choreographed to have the dancers do both. "

That was incredible, Mariah who?

These guys filled an entire swimming pool with those things.

Phish always does some crazy stuff. If you have not seen a Phish show, do it. Their basist, Mike Gordon, plays our space once a year. Always a fun show. They have a 40' long midi piano that the audience can play at specific times during the show. Always rather innovative shows. You'll never see the same thing twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back