Pippin effects

alpteach

Hey all! Here's the situation: we are doing Pippin in the winter and our director contacted me today. He asked that I look in to some "magic tricks" for the show. Any idea what he is talking about and any suggestions for these magic tricks?

We got plans for a device that is a platform made of wood and one piece of flat stock.
When you pull the wood away at a certain angle it appears as if the person is floating in thin air.
I believe it is in our rental stock now.

Where do I get the plans for the "magic carpet trick"? And what do you mean by "rental"? That sounds like what he is talking about! Sorry, I'm fairly new around here. Thanks!

I honestly don't know where they came from, at first I thought it was from the licensing company, but no such luck.
By rental stock I mean that we built it and now rent it to other theatres for a small fee.

Magic carpet? I don't remember that, from my non-bootlegged copy of the DVD. Or is that the name for the hands in gloves in light effect?
yeah, I don't recall that from the DVD. For our production we did a lot of smaller magic gags which worked great.

I worked peripherially on a production many years ago in college. The T.D. hit the local magic shop for a variety of small flashy tricks. All I remember was building a flash pot into the floor. The set floor had a huge revolving ring with a solid center. I spent most my time in the shop building pie wedge sections for the revolve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back