PLASA Working Group Meetings

TuckerD

I know that many of the PLASA working groups are planning on having meetings during USITT but I am not sure that they are open door meetings. I would really enjoy going to the Control Protocols Working Group meeting (TSP - Working Groups - About, Camera Cranes, Control Protocols, Electrical Power, Floors, Fog & Smoke, Followspot Position, Photometrics, Rigging, Members) and the Photometrics Working Group meeting (TSP - Working Groups - About, Camera Cranes, Control Protocols, Electrical Power, Floors, Fog & Smoke, Followspot Position, Photometrics, Rigging, Members)

Additionally, I do not know where the Photometrics group will be meeting.

Does anyone have any more information?

Edit:

Never mind on the Photometrics Group, turns out they aren't meeting. I misread the date.

Last edited:
I know that many of the PLASA working groups are planning on having meetings during USITT but I am not sure that they are open door meetings. I would really enjoy going to the Control Protocols Working Group meeting (TSP - Working Groups - About, Camera Cranes, Control Protocols, Electrical Power, Floors, Fog & Smoke, Followspot Position, Photometrics, Rigging, Members) and the Photometrics Working Group meeting (TSP - Working Groups - About, Camera Cranes, Control Protocols, Electrical Power, Floors, Fog & Smoke, Followspot Position, Photometrics, Rigging, Members)

Additionally, I do not know where the Photometrics group will be meeting.

Does anyone have any more information?

Edit:

Never mind on the Photometrics Group, turns out they aren't meeting. I misread the date.

PLASA working group meetings are open to all interested parties including visitors. Visitors need to sign in when the attendance sheet is passed around at the beginning of the meeting.

ST

Thanks Steve. I suspected that this was the case from reading minutes from previous years meetings at USITT.

I'm looking forward to it.

Two (probably conflicting) thoughts:
1. No one wants to see how the sausage is made, and
2. Some degree less enthralling than watching paint dry.

But you're young and impressionable and YOLO, so have fun and make good choices.

Sent from my iPad5 using Tapatalk

I'll let you know what I think after the meeting. The reason I am so interested is because of the amount of time I have spent studying the protocols that the group is responsible for maintaining. With my background in computer science and embedded systems, these sorts of things actually are interesting. I can't say for sure of course, because I have never been, but I do anticipate having a good time.

I'll write all the details when I am home and have a computer again.

Thanks Bill!

I actually really enjoyed the meeting. Seeing the process of protocol creation was enjoyable. Although I am told that I missed the real fun of task group meetings.

It was a great decision because I met some great software/electrical engineers in the industry. I met Mitch Hefter with Phillips, Scott Blair from VER, Doug Fleenor aka Dr. DMX, and Maya Nigrosh from ETC to name a few. I would tag their CB profiles but unfortunately I don't have a laptop and it is very difficult to do so from my phone.

It's been a great conference so far and I have been able to make new connections that I never thought I would. So thanks Dave, ETC and USITT.

I personally like to watch the grass grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back