Platform Lift Rental

Hello CB,

I'm located in New Ulm, MN, and I'm looking for a lift to use on our stage during a scene. I'm especially concerned about finding something with minimal noise. We're doing Peter Pan and I'm thinking about using a platform lift for the flying scene. It would need to support at least Peter, Wendy, John, and Michael. Any suggestions on good rentals?

Hello CB,

I'm located in New Ulm, MN, and I'm looking for a lift to use on our stage during a scene. I'm especially concerned about finding something with minimal noise. We're doing Peter Pan and I'm thinking about using a platform lift for the flying scene. It would need to support at least Peter, Wendy, John, and Michael. Any suggestions on good rentals?
Be sure you tell prospective suppliers how you want to use it. You don't want a lift straight off a construction site that's leaking fuids in it's path. You don't want one with nails and screws embedded in it's treads and chewing up your stage's surface either. It's going to be noisy going up but comparatively quieter coming down. Possibly you can run it up during an interval and only have to deal with the noise of descending. A lift with a pull out extension on one end may be of greater use to you, envision it as having a diving board extending out in free space on one end.
Edit: A diving board with handrails on three sides that is.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Two very different budgets expressed above. What can you consider spending? The construction scissors lift is probably less expensive but probably noisy.

Howdy, I work with Creative Conners and wanted to offer my assistance. We do have a lift machine that may be a good fit, the Floorpocket. It’s and all electric machine (not hydraulic oil to worry about) with a 1000 lbs load limit.

We also have worked to add our controllers to hydraulic lifts if you decided that a scissor lift is a better fit. I can help you find a scissor lift if you need a lead.
In either case, I would welcome you to reach out to us to at least talk through you project.

Feel free to email or call me directly at 401-289-2942 or email at [email protected].

Pete V
Director of Business Development
Creative Conners, Inc.

I don't know how long you need it but say 2 weeks and hopefully not a real busy time - I'd guess you're there - $100/day. But you're going to have to shop and hopefully get a discount as a school/not for profit/publicity.

A boom lift might be a better effect, but I believe more expensive. And neither quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back