Platform with elevator trap

audrey2

Hello Everyone! I am doing a musical review show that calls for a small platform, with am elevator trap door. Are there any Suggestions on how this could be done cheapley? Thank you for all of your help everyone!

Audrey2

Depending on what you need to do with it and what you need to lift, there are a lot of cases being sold off these days that were used for the massive 36 inch crt based tv's that weighed a ton and had a lift built into the case. Might be something to look at

Sharyn

Depending on the heigth of travel required....I looked into a scissor lift table at Harbor freight. It had about a 24X30 table and the vertical travel was about 30"....operated by a hydraulic "jack". If I remember right, it was about $150. We were going to use it to "raise" a musician for a solo number in a musical. Ended up cutting the effect for some reason that I can't remember now.....

Ther are a ton of options here. What is your lift height? How much are you lifting,pounds that is, 1 actor or ten ? some things to think about, will your load be evenly distributed across the platform?
No matter what you wind up using, and the Harbor Freight motor cycle lift is a good idea, you need to be careful with an interlock system. you don't want to squish the actor against the bottom of the platform < no really you don't no matter what> Lift speed is another thing to think about, the hydraulic lift will have the capacity but you'll need to modify some stuff to increase the supply volume. I'll check back for your responses and see if I can help somemore.

Can Someone Please post a link to which model from lift they are talking about? I am having trouble figureing out which one you guys are talking about :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back