Platforms

Interesting. I believe I've seen conventional platforms on top of studwalls, no legging to mess with. Yes, I'm near certain it was conventional platforming.
You can put convential platforms on stud wlls, you Have to put triscuits <actually named Stressed Skins> on stud walls.
Actually you could place triscuits on blocks but they work best on stud walls. The walls, however do not need to be 2x4 then can be 1x4 but you need to be sure to add torsional suport, a cross support or have one side covered with 1/4 " luan like a flat.

The walls, however do not need to be 2x4 then can be 1x4 but you need to be sure to add torsional suport, a cross support or have one side covered with 1/4 " luan like a flat.

So your that guy... you probably like building parallels too....

I know it will hold, I just don't like the look of it... kind of like legging up stuff with 1x1, doable, but I prefer 2x2 strictly because of the visual.

So your that guy... you probably like building parallels too....

I know it will hold, I just don't like the look of it... kind of like legging up stuff with 1x1, doable, but I prefer 2x2 strictly because of the visual.

Ah Zen and the art of scenic carpentry!:mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back