Automated Fixtures Please help: Using moving heads with Strand 300

But, Is it possible to do a patch or change the Console Security Number back to the original one.

If I decide to get a change of console, what console should I get?

The console security number should not change. As I understand it, it is hard coded into the board. So, if you are getting an error when you enter your software passwords it is probably due to some corrupt file.

Do you (or your venue) own the 300 or is it rented/hired? If you own it, I would suggest that you find out what it would cost (if anything) to get it fixed. If it is rented, then just ask the rental company to trade it out. If you do trade out the console, if you are more familiar with Strand, you might ask for a 500 series console. If you end up looking to purchase a console, I would look into the ETC Ion or the new Strand Palette series. There are many other options out there as well depending on your needs, do a search on CB, there are many threads about upgrading consoles.

The Strand 300 is ours. We actually bought 2, one with network the other without.

Just one problem, do you know where I can get a copy of the strand 2.6.15 software because that's the current version of my console. I tried downloading from the strand us site but it does not work.

Last edited:
You should install the newest software if you are going to reinstall, so you want the Strand Operating System v2.8.6(C3) and Networker v2.8.6(C3). You can find both at this link. There is a reason that they offer updates, the theory being that the new software is more stable. You will have to download the software and put it on a floppy disk and then install on your console. You may also want to download the Help Files too, but you don't have to install them. Make sure that you download the "C3" version of the software, the "C5" and "CI" will not work on a 300 series console.

And what about the SN102 node I not sure if I need to update it.
And what are the USB ports on the board for?

The USB ports on the console are not used. The Strand OS is a DOS based program an DOS does not support USB. The ports are there because they use standard computer hardware to build consoles and when the 300 was released, USB was a standard on most mother boards. Even the strand 520i has USB ports that are not used. As for the node, you shouldn't have to update the software on it unless it needs updating.

Please help: Problems with Strand 300

Called Strand Hong Kong and EAS our contractor the other day. They came down to have a look. According to my contractor this is the second time this has happened. I was told that It would have to be sent back to strand for further diagnostics.

Concurrently I am having shows booked up to January 2009, and my department is on a tight budget constrain. So that option had to be turned down. But I was told that there is a master password for all strand 300.
And by the way do you know of anyway to use an application to generate another strand 32bit password?

Thanks

Problem solved.
Re-patched the board last Friday and and everything seems back normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back