Plots

punktech

So...i'm doing my SM class final project (major grr/ pain in teh arse) and i was wondering how do all you stage managers on here organize your plots (prop, costume, lighting, and sound plots specifically)??? our texts showed two ways but i don't really like either and i know that there have to be more ways out there. i really want to find one that works for me so your help with this will both benefit my grades and my progress as an SM :) thank you! :-D

So...i'm doing my SM class final project (major grr/ pain in teh arse) and i was wondering how do all you stage managers on here organize your plots (prop, costume, lighting, and sound plots specifically)??? our texts showed two ways but i don't really like either and i know that there have to be more ways out there. i really want to find one that works for me so your help with this will both benefit my grades and my progress as an SM :) thank you! :-D

Fold them up, punch some holes in them, and put them in your binder. I can see why you would need a ground plan, piece lists, and who what where sheets, by why oh why are they requireing you to keep a light plot and a sound plot?

hmm, apparently not everyone does it the way that our prof is teaching us...i'll clarify what i mean by plot: a listing of the various elements needed for the production. a prop plot lists all the props, and the costume one all of the costumes,and the sound and light ones list all the obvious sound and light cues (ie "the light of the fire slowly faded" -or- "a cow mooed in the distance") the way i had it explained to me is that it's a way to have something to talk about in your initial meeting with the director and designers, and in subsequent production meetings. i have the actual lists (i now thoughtly hate the play i'm using, i've read it so many times) but i'm not sure what would be a good, clear way to organize them. i want something that i like and that makes sense to me

Well, here, for productions we use notes in teh scripts, except for a mic plot with is a spreadsheet (Name, Aotor, Scene1, Scene 2, etc)

For the dance recitles and talent show, its done in a spreadsheet which lists everything at once, the first column in the position adn the other columns are the scenes/acts

is this what you mean?

Here's another thing we have, and i find very usefull especiall blind-patching for concerts between shows. We have a Dimmer Map in AutoCAD that indicated where each dimmer outlet is, so you have an idea of where teh light should be/is aimed. I find this a great orginizational tool (especially when its laminated and you can write in dry-erase on it to indicate if you have an extention cord runnig to a weird place or not)

sylak, that is an AWESOME idea, laminating your light plots and sections...now to convince the higher ups we need a laminating machine ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back