The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Plumbers Tape

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Van, Apr 28, 2009.

  1. Van

    Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

    Likes Received:
    Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    Portland, Or.
    A flexible metal tape often used by plumbers to hang water pipes from beams, rafters and joists. It is perforated with holes spaced approximately 1" to allow for cutting to length and nailing in place. Has all sorts of uses in a scene shop, most involving a temporary repair or makeshift substitution for a piece of hardware. Also called galvanized strapping tape, of 22ga. steel and 3/4" wide x 10' long per roll.

    Sometimes confused with thread tape.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice