The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Microphones Pocket RTA Mic

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by dvsDave, Dec 22, 2016.

1. dvsDave

dvsDave Benevolent Dictator Administrator Senior Team CB Mods Fight Leukemia

2. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

3. dvsDave

4. themuzicman

themuzicman Active Member

Audio Engineer
    I've used a few different variants on mics like this since StudioSix's iOS AudioToolbox was released. My general feeling is that it's better than the built in mic, but still not accurate for any sort of tuning needs. If you're strictly looking for a tiny mic that'll help you catch feedback quickly then this is a suitable tool. It'll clip when used in a rock show, but if you're doing a church service and are just trying to catch feedback it'll do the job.

Most use this panasonic capsule which is super awesome for DIY electronics if you were interested in trying to build your own! Check this page out and about halfway down it has some construction photos of the stuff needed to build your own into a 3.5MM Plug.

5. dvsDave

That might be the most technical document I've ever... skimmed through. However, I do love the end result. If anyone wants to build me two, I'll send them the cost of materials and a complete CB swag pack. (T-shirt, stickers, magnets, and a surprise) and I'll give the other one away on ControlBooth.

6. Jay Ashworth

Jay Ashworth Well-Known Member

Reminder to any of you who are contemplating building something like that.

Pay respectful attention to the size of *the hole in your phone case*; if you pick the wrong plug, you won't be able to plug it all the way in.

dvsDave likes this.
  7. Jay Ashworth

Jay Ashworth Well-Known Member

*Wow* is that guy an electrical engineer. :)

dvsDave likes this.
  8. dvsDave

Ended up buying it on Amazon from Parts Express, saved a dollar on shipping costs as opposed to buying it direct from Parts Express. :doh:

Jay Ashworth likes this.