Portable Audience Seating Recommendations

Jackalope

We currently have folding portable seating in our black box. These units come in singles and doubles, are heavy, bulky, and are really difficult to get onto and off of their storage racks. (i won't tell you which company sells them, although some of you probably have guessed by now). We have been rearranging the space for different events and moving these chairs is easily my least favorite thing to do ever... and they take up a lot of storage space we don't have... Ie they get juggled from one space to another while not in black box.
We want to explore using stackable chairs which would also allow for more audience members as they are a bit narrower and all that narrowness really adds up over a 30' span.

There are a lot of these types of chairs on the market. We are hoping to find a chair that is sturdy, comfortable, and stackable (doesn't require a bulky storage rack.).. oh and they should look nice too

Also I have heard that portable audience chairs need to lock together. If someone can point me to the regulations on that, it would be helpful when communicating with administrators.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Im a big fan of the American Seating Acton Stacked. Get the arms, ganging, and flip up seat option. 20+ stack on a 2' x 2' carrier. Light, sturdy, comfortable. I think Irwin owns them now as part of what they bought from American.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back