Loudspeakers Portable PA Suggestions?

GregM91

Hi All,

I am looking for a Portable PA system easy for students and faculty to set up and use for outdoor announcements and lunch music etc.

I need something in loud enough for 200 people outdoor as well as possibly having 2 wireless microphones built in.

My budget is around $1000 to $1500.

This is too expensive and this is too cheap. Anything in between?

Take a look at MIPRO; they have self-powered speakers with optional built-in wireless mics and I suspect they would fall within that price range. Full Compass has some of the product line on their site to at least give you some price reference.

Best,
John

Another standard bearer in this arena is Anchor systems. See what fits your bill. The big price jumps will be if you want them to be battery powered or not and how many boxes you need.

If you are just looking for run and gun speakers either the Anchor system or Mipro will do just fine. Just know they will sound like a PA in a box. If you are looking for some more "musical" for more than just public address then I would suggest two K10's and a cheaper wireless mic. The K10's have a built in pre-amp and two channel mixer with linking capability and will sound miles better then the other options.

It doesn't come with wireless mics, but I highly recommend the Yamaha StagePas PA's. I have the 400i model and it works amazing. We use it for our outdoor Veterans Day Ceremony and it is crystal clear and we are going to give it a try with our marching band with our pit.

How about a couple of eons or Mackies and few stands ...

I'd recommend going with the QSC K10/K12s if you go that route. They're significantly lighter than the Mackies, and I've never had good luck with Eons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back