portable rack that doesn't suck?

jds10011

We had an excellent heavy duty portable costume rack. A rail on each side for hanging costumes, a shelf above it for hats, and a shelf at the bottom for shoes, all on heavy-duty wheels. Someone decided it was too old and beginning to rust and threw it out. I can't seem to locate anything like it in any company's catalog, and I've asked a few suppliers without success. Does anyone have anything they like and know where I can purchase it, and/or does anyone know of an appropriate supplier to ask?

Thanks!

I assume you have called Manhattan wardrobe supply. They don't have anything like that listed on their site but I'm sure they could get it... and if they can't no one builds it.

I assume you have called Manhattan wardrobe supply. They don't have anything like that listed on their site but I'm sure they could get it... and if they can't no one builds it.
I've sent an e-mail in to them. Thanks for the idea.

How about Metro style shelving, large casters, double shelves at the bottom for rigidity with space between them for bus tubs, and a shelf or two at the top. Lots of choices of shelf size, the design of the sides will also keep the hangers from sliding around.

How about Metro style shelving, large casters, double shelves at the bottom for rigidity with space between them for bus tubs, and a shelf or two at the top. Lots of choices of shelf size, the design of the sides will also keep the hangers from sliding around.
I hadn't thought of that. Do you have a favorite manufacturer for these?

It works! Home Depot brand, but still. See crummy photo. Thanks for all your help, folks!
costume rack.jpg

/
Metro has the widest variety of "parts" but at a price.
http://www.metro.com/Shelving
For my own use I like the Regency shelving from this company.
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/48403/regency-shelving.html
That is what I chose for my home deskside computer and printer tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back