Portfolio presentation for college

canadiagg

I was contacted by a Professor at CU Boulder, he sent me a letter requesting that i come to the campus and present to him my portfolio. Is this a usual thing? Do professors commonly contact potential students and ask them to come present there portfolio?

Did you apply to this school? If so, yes, most BFA programs require an in person portfolio review after you are accepted to the University in order for you to get into the degree program.

It is a pretty-much-always sort of thing if you already applied or filled out a form saying that you planned to. If you haven't had past interactions with this particular school, it is less common but not unheard of. My friend, who is an SM, and I were both contacted by various schools. Most colleges and universities recruit in various ways and I don't think that BFA programs are exempt from this. Can you give us a little more background information about your past interactions, or lack thereof, with the school?

I was contacted by a Professor at CU Boulder, he sent me a letter requesting that i come to the campus and present to him my portfolio. Is this a usual thing? Do professors commonly contact potential students and ask them to come present there portfolio?

Did he get your info/interest from the thespian conference?

I did not apply, or even sign up to get information from the school. But i've come to find out that the professor heard of me from another Professor at the University of Northern Colorado, who had seen my design work for several shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back