Post a pic of your theater or tech stuff

Eboy87

I'm just kinda in a photo mood, and was curious to see how you all have your theaters (or whatever you work in) are set up. Click for larger pics

Ours looking up from the stage

Our booths are (from top to bottom, left to right) spots, lights/SM, sound, and video.

From the sound booth down to the stage

the light booth

and a crappy shot of the catwalks

I've got more scattered about the site, but, this'll do for now. Now, how about ya'll

www.angelfire.com/musicals/bmhstheatre/pix

there are some shots i took back in december. when i get a camera(thats what im going to buy with the money im makigng this summer) ill put some new ones up.

tonight after our show i walked in the main thetare of the beloit college and looked around(for some reaosn it was open tonight) i wish i could get a few shots of that place. they have 2 technobeams and 4 moving heads but they left them hanging on the catwalks so i cant see what kind they are. im thinking macs.

Here's my rig set up in some parking lot last month. The EV w-bins are loaded with old JBL 15's. The bottom traps are Carvin 1801's, the tops are 1503's. Whole thing comes in at about 5.4kW FOH power. Four monitor mixes at 500W each. 24 channels back in the house, 8 channels of compression, 4 channels of FX, digital EQ and dynamics on the 2 mix.

<a href="http://www.bnbsound.com/images/bnbrig05.jpg" target="_blank">
proxy.php

click for larger image</a>

Yep, 70s. 18 dimmers total. (Not all were pictured) 2 dimmers are completely dead, which I guess isn't bad given it's age. The board does work, it's just not very functional. The pain is that once a year you have to remove all the dimmer packs on the board, take them apart, clean them, etc. It has a few nice features that the never desks I don't think have, like an independent section, "group masters", and un-dim circuits. (just a switch on the board)

I dont have any pictures of our theater, so i cant show you our gear, or our little theater, but ill put up ones online of our large theater.

proxy.php

The outside.

proxy.php

A shot from the house, id guess about half or 2/3s way back

proxy.php

our stage

proxy.php

part of our wurlitizer pipe organ

proxy.php

A nice photo with one fo the organ consels on stage taken from the balcony

I agree with avkid, when was it built. The only other theater I know that has a pipe organ on stage is the Fox Theater here in town.

the overature for the arts center in madison has a pipe organ for the back wall. i saw it in stage directions. ive been meaning to go up there and see a show. i saw a photo of the organ first then i saw it with people on the stage...that is one really big organ

BNBSound said:
Here's my rig set up in some parking lot last month. The EV w-bins are loaded with old JBL 15's. The bottom traps are Carvin 1801's, the tops are 1503's. Whole thing comes in at about 5.4kW FOH power. Four monitor mixes at 500W each. 24 channels back in the house, 8 channels of compression, 4 channels of FX, digital EQ and dynamics on the 2 mix.

<a href="http://www.bnbsound.com/images/bnbrig05.jpg" target="_blank">
proxy.php

click for larger image</a>

Mind telling us what is in the rack (bottom left)? The EQ's look like ROSS brand but too hard to tell. Be interesting to hear what you have there.

The Berkeley Community theater was build in 1958, with the pipe organ. Those pipes in the photo are actually mounted 24 feet up in the air on our catwalk, the other ones are in a seires of rooms 3 or 4 rooms above the procenium and house. The pipe organ had a new console(so we have 2) and was redone(including the iunstallation of the pipes on the cat walk) in the last 30 years, im not sure when. The organ parts in addition to the old ones came from the paramount theater in toldeo ohio.

This is some pics of the coliseum, one of the places where i do some work.

First one is light board (First Balcony)
Second one is Sound board (First Balcony)
Third is stage (Second Balcony)

Attachments

• lighting board.jpg
    lighting board.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 501
  • sound board.jpg
    sound board.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 440
  • stage.jpg
    stage.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 346
Last edited: