Post a pic of your theater or tech stuff

here are some of mine I look like crap in the one with me by the fly system (it was a very long day 6:00 am to 8:30 pm) As soon as i can ill get some more pictues from the catwalks and back stage

Attachments

• HPIM0416.jpg
    HPIM0416.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 382
  • HPIM0320.jpg
    HPIM0320.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 650
  • 070914_135657.jpg
    070914_135657.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 327
  • 070925_143712.jpg
    070925_143712.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 373
  • 070925_143720.jpg
    070925_143720.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 070926_163812.jpg
    070926_163812.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 377
  • 070926_163504.jpg
    070926_163504.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 070925_143842.jpg
    070925_143842.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 336
Sorry for the wonder cell phone pictures, but here goes... :eek:

more to come...

Glad to see you're supporting nearby manufacturers with the T-III and LP-1000! Motorized ATDs, wow! How old is this facility?

The breaker panels on the wall and the motorized dimmers are all removed as of today :) We are getting a Synergy dimming system for our house lights. The Leprecon dimmers and board are for our stage lighting which is two ceiling mounted pipes with 6 circuits on one and 18 on the other. The auditorium was built in 1971. That house lighting equipment is original. What is a T-III?

Oh yeah, we still use them! Not a whole lot though...went to fire it up and see if we could use it, but the bulb was dead! I went to our other campus where we have another one but didn't find another bulb. I guess it's time to get the boss to order a new FEL bulb!
I didn't know Strong was from Toledo...Leprecon is in Michigan though.

Oh yeah, we still use them! Not a whole lot though...went to fire it up and see if we could use it, but the bulb was dead! I went to our other campus where we have another one but didn't find another bulb. I guess it's time to get the boss to order a new FEL bulb!
I didn't know Strong was from Toledo...Leprecon is in Michigan though.

For the 50 billionth time, an FEL is a lamp, not a bulb!:wall:

Hi,

Here are pictures of several facilities that I use.

Pictures Here

There are six folders,

Barn - The Barn. I used to play with my band there until the lease ran out on the building. We had an eight channel DMX-512 lighting system with 18 300 watt pars and two moonflower lights (we put two lights on a channel) we also had two small scanners. We had a 12 channel Yamaha MG16/6fx mixer with two JBL MP225s with a 800 watt (per channel) amplifier (Extremely loud!!). We also had 2 Peavey 112-TLM Floor monitors and 3 Peavey Mini-Monitors.

Church1 - A church that I play piano at, and am the tech person. We have around 300 seats. We have a 24 channel Yamaha GF24/12 mixer with a pair of NEXO PS-8 Speakers (Also loud!!). We have four channels of shure in-ear monitors and two wired headphone monitors. We have a 12 channel DMX-512 lighting system with three lighting pipes above the seating, we have a bunch of pars two ellipsoidals and five fresnels with a bunch of sconces (This overloads the dimmer and it pops, but we can't change it because it is hard wired).

Church2 - Another church that I play piano at. We have a SoundCraft LX7ii 32 channel mixer with a Peavey PR Series speaker system that is made up of a left, center, right, and loft speakers. These speakers are made up of 10 in., 12 in., and 15 in. speakers. We use four monitor sets, one is five small monitors (on mic stands) on the left of stage, another is a set of two floor monitors, another is a wireless headphone pack (for the drummer) and another monitor set for the choir. All of our lights are hard wired to switches in various places.

LargeTheater - my University’s large theater. There are 603 seats total. There are 150 dimmers and 120 channels. There are three FOH electric pipes, two lighting pipes on each side wall, and there are three electrics on stage. They have a Yamaha LS-9 16 channel mixer with two JBL EONs. They also have a large motor operated curtain.

RecitalHall - my University’s small recital hall. There are 200 some seats. The lights are run by an eight channel NSI MPX dimmer (Though I would like them to convert to DMX) and currently there is only one light working. The house and isle lights are on switches. There is a six channel sound system with Celstion CR Series speakers on stage (No control from the booth!!). They also have a curtain but it is not motor operated (and their is only pianos and lots of junk behind it).

SamTheater - This is my small black box theater in my basement. I have four permanent seats, a couch, six extra chairs, and an old chair. I have three DMX-512 dimmers and four scanners. I use Nicolaude Sunlite 2006 to control the lights. I have four PAR-56 lights, four PAR-38 lights, four small round floods, two small box floods, three old fresnels (work in progress), a Colortran ellipsoidal, various house lights, an American DJ "Vertigo", an American DJ "Color-Pod 250", an American DJ "FogStorm 700", a small American DJ laser, and various other small lights. I have two permanent electric pipes, two movable electric pipes, two dedicated clamp positions, and various other clamp locations. I have a six channel mixer with a four channel extra mixer. I have two microphones with stands. I have two Behringer B215a powered speakers (Loud!!) with stands. I have various small monitors and small two amps. I also have two Polk Monitor 7 speakers (Old mains). I have a DLP projector with screen. I have two TVs for FOH and various other TVs for the band to read music from. I have a large multimedia desktop with lighting, audio, visual, and recording capabilities. I have a blue curtain that covers the stage but is not motorized. I also have some dark colored curtians that I can hang in the back of the theater. All this equipment also goes with my touring setup.

I am thinking of buying more lights: 14 pars, two moonflowers, three ellipsoidals, a fresnel, and four stands with t-bars.

More pictures to come.

sborder

[EDIT] - Link Dead, see new posts.

Last edited:
After over a month of remodeling, our auditorium is complete. They put in a brand new drop ceiling, fluorescent lighting, wall sconces, dimming system, wall coverings, and paint. It's a million times better.
Here's a shot of part of the room:
proxy.php

Looking at our two lighting bars. The one farther away has 6 circuits on dimmers and 6 non-dim circuits. They made two appearances of each circuit on the pipe and rewired the outlets. The truss has 18 circuits, most of which appear twice. This was not touched in the remodeling.
proxy.php

Here is the electrician checking the wiring on the lighting outlets:
proxy.php

Finally, the new Synergy dimming system for the house lighting. Our old system was 5 breaker panels with large noisy autotransformer dimmers. The four top conduits and bottom wireway were existing. The top wireway is where all the existing wiring is spliced into the new panel.
proxy.php

So here is some pictures of my auditorium. At first glance, it often puts people at awe, but for both the theatre and music department here, its pretty much hell.

Box Boom:

proxy.php

Exposed dimmer rack backstage. Repair tags mean nothing, despite saying "replaced" and blue tape means dead:

proxy.php

Balcony view of house:

proxy.php

Altspot 1000Q

proxy.php

I had to show this, its the booth window, about big enough for one person:

proxy.php

Side view of house:

proxy.php

Scenery Storage:

proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread