Post-Covid ReOpening Guidance

Ben Stiegler

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RonHebbard

mbrown3039

GBAC -- a division of the ISSA -- has created a certification program for public venues in biorisk mitigation. More here: https://tinyurl.com/yaogldeu

Malabaristo

I find it interesting that the GBAC website lands with a gif of someone not wearing a mask properly (somehow they got it on top of the goggles?), and not following proper disinfecting procedures (surface disinfectants have a minimum wet time in order to actually do their job). I realize that second part is just for visual effect, and I'm sure they probably have plenty of good things to say... but they're not exactly inspiring me to hand over a bunch of money to find out what that might be.

BillConnerFASTC

I'm always suspect of a private for profit company developing a certification program. Can they certify anything other than that someone has participated in a training session for their product? An how does their program mitigate the aerosol-cloud containing COVID-19 - seemingly the primary means of transmission?

MNicolai

Fight Leukemia
@BillConnerFASTC, your intuition isn't far off. From a third-party website promoting this, "For those for interested partners looking to take their commitment to the next level, the GBAC STAR Accreditation ranges in cost from $500 to $15,000 based on your facility type and size."

I imagine some venues looking at this will do it primarily so they can say they did it in their PR, and to stave off liability risk in the future showing that even if there ultimately is an outbreak in their facility that they performed employee training and did some degree of due diligence. Doesn't change the fact that there's not much you can do for a bunch of musicians blowing air into trumpets near each other, parishoners singing packed in pews, and audience members who are sitting in low-circulation air near each other for 2-3 hours and entering/exiting through common choke points.

• Love

BillConnerFASTC

Stave off liability or hopefully reduce an award or settlement. I can see all the accountants and actuaries trying to determine which has less loss - opening and paying claims for people becoming sick or staying closed.