Post your FOH pictures

No pics, but I have two systems that I use.

Auditorium:
- Mackie VLZ-1604
- 2 Electrovoice MR3000 recievers w/ 1 handheld and 3 lapels
- Marantz PMD-350 CD/Tape combo
- BiAmp system processor
- QSC CX502 to EVI
- QSC 1400 to monitors
- 1 ElectroVoice EVI-15
- 2 ElectroVoice Eliminator monitors

Portable (belongs to the choral department)
- Mackie VLZ-1604
- DoD Dual 31 Band EQ
- Marantz CDR/CD recorder
- 2 Shure ULXS w/ Beta 58 handhelds
- 4 JBL Pro Eon-15
- 3 JBL Pro Eon-10
- Whirlwind Medusa snake
- 6 Shure SM81
- 4 Shure Beta 58
- 2 Shure SM58

(For dance recitals, I use two Peavey SP 7G with a GPS 3500 amp)
There are plans by me for the choral dept.'s portable system to undergo a drastic overhaul so the results should be quite impressive.

PETER....

I use the Mix-B of our 32.8 for our effects send, and return on ch32. offers tons of options, like montoring mixes dry/wet

BTW, The_Guest, I like the little sign ont he ML5000..."You Can't Polish A Turd" so true :)

A couple pics:

You can see our entire booth...it's hard to though. Upper left hand corner you can make out the other edge. It's about 4x8....a huge rolling thingy. Kind of dark, but you can see the Mackie 1604 VLZ pro that is our soundboard, and the NSI 7008 that's our lightboard. The altoid box is what I carry around adaptors in.

[img=http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7379/dscf10697ti.th.jpg]

And this is actually from the stage....in the foreground you can see how we reach our lights....we don't have a lift or a long enough ladder at my school. (btw, this is school FOH and stuff, not my youth groups;, I don't have any pics if that FOH) and in the back you can see our booth....and the dude on the "lift" is not really a techie at all, he's just a friend who was there when I was taking a pic so he hopped up there.

And here is our FOH.....from the booth, looking at the stage. That's from our talent show, i know it's a crappy pic, I didn't take it. (of course, if I had, it'd probably be worse...) I did everything for that production....I loaded in and our all the sound stuff, did set design and construction (wasn't much to construct), wrote the script for it (we make our talent shows into a type of mini-drama/skit sort of thing) and all that....if you remember my questions about buying signs...that glowing sign is what I ended up bulding. And it' says "grady's" but the R died...

and I know this thread is old, but I decided to add to it when someone else pulled it up.

Is it me or do I spy masking tape on your mackie? That's a no-no. It leaves residue and not only decreases the value of your gear by stripping it's paint, but makes it harder for other tapes to adhere to. Do yourself a favor and order a roll of console/label tape, you won't regret it. Or stop by your local art supplies store and pick up a roll or artisian masking/label tape. If you ever find yourself in a situation without label tape, light colored spike tape will work or cover the surface with gaff tape then tape over it with masking tape.

Just go to Home Depot for console tape. It's right near the blue painting tape and is called Low Residue Easy Removal Masking Tape or something like that. Same brand as the blue tape too.

ok, the tape was on there for something like one day.

I've never had a problem with the masking tape I've used--never had console tape, but I'm hoping to get a roll, along with some white gaff, soon. I've used maskign tape all my techie life for board marking, and maybe I just happened to be picking up some low residue stuff, because it doesn't stick on extremely well, has never left residue on the board or anything.....hey, guess I'm lucky :)

so yeah I'm gonna get console tape ;)

You guys would hate me if I tell you this.....
The theater I do work at, has always used masking take on all 3 boards we have, as well as the light board....

I would love to have board tape....

It's only $3-4 and it saves your board and makes it look so much better. Masking tape doesn't do very much damage for only a day or two, but once you get towards a week it gets really stick and you end up having to rub off all of the residue when you finally do take it off and hope that the paint didn't chip already.

try 4 week shows with 10 pcs on top of each other. when the show is over take the top one off, you have a clean one and just start on the next show. so you could be looking close to about a half yr before the tape gets changed.....

why do i always see altiods by consols? in a lot fo pictures ive looked at theres always a box of them adn the sm for the theatre im working at always has them in the booth.

@Inaki2

I love that DiGiCo, I wonder if my parents would give me that for my birthday :wink:

maybe what I use is that painters stuff or something....I've never had any residue problems with the tape I use. On cables and stuff (yes, I've had people mark cables with masking tape....GRRR) yeah, but as long as the tape isn't like moved around over the surface, the adhesive doesn't seem to seperate fromthe tape for me. Sometimes maybe I have a little bit of trouble in some spots, but it really doesn't leave any sticky crap. Heh, guess I'm lucky :) I've started making sure people NEVER use duct tape on cables--we have gaff and glow now, console tape shouldn't be a huge deal for the school to buy now.

Console tape is only $4-5 so it shouldn't be a problem to get. You might also have more trouble during the summer with the stick depending on the humidity. If your school is really dry, you won't have much problem, but if it gets humid, say, they turn off the A.C. over the summer, it will create problems.

The_Guest said:
blsmn,

Is that a KT DN360 EQ in the first pic?

Good eye :) It is a DN360 - it was a little different kind of beast to get a handle on after working mostly with Rane gear for awhile prior to purchasing it, but I think it really is a lot warmer (there's that nasty little subjective word again) than what I had been used to. I am getting in a DN370 within the next couple weeks to demo - it looks real interesting, especially the sweepable notch filters on each channel. Looking forward to trying it out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back