Post your FOH pictures

I hate to dig up an old thread, but I just now got to taking these. I only have my front of house position assembled a few times a year. Most of the shows are mixed from the control room (ya know, the shows where theres nothing to actually mix, just playback). This set up is for Fiddler on the Roof.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Looks like a nice cozy little set-up there Matt. What wireless are you using in the second rack? They look like SLX's.

ive already posted these elsewhere on the forums but this is the most appropriate topic (i missed it cos im a lights guy and dont come in here often :p). anyways, theres a lot of big pics so they may take a while to load up:

This is the link to the HTML page.

proxy.php

Console:
Soundcraft Series Two 40 Channel
Racks:
Furman PL+
Digitech Studio Quad
8 Channels Alessis Comp/Gate/Limiter
Behringer DCX2496
Behringer Multicom MDX4600 Quad Comp/Gate/Limiter (Monitors)
4 Channels DBX 231 Graphs (Monitors)
Clear Com MS222 2 Channel Main Station
Alessis HD-24
iPod Mini
Dual cupholders for Mountain Dew

Last edited:
Well this post is about submitting photos of FOH pics, so I thought I'd share an old school foh pic of myself in a bar scene haha!

I thot I'd also share a pic of me on a D5 in monitor world since most the time I'm a monitor engineer, sorry I've run from the theatre :(

Both these were taken without me knowing any better maybe soon I will unknowingly have one taken of me on a 5D or a Venue, who knows.

Attachments

• work2.jpg
    work2.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0689.2.JPG
    IMG_0689.2.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 283
Well this post is about submitting photos of FOH pics, so I thought I'd share an old school foh pic of myself in a bar scene haha!

I thot I'd also share a pic of me on a D5 in monitor world since most the time I'm a monitor engineer, sorry I've run from the theatre :(

Both these were taken without me knowing any better maybe soon I will unknowingly have one taken of me on a 5D or a Venue, who knows.
we can all dream:lol:

haha ohh soo true theyre just waiting for young awesome enthusiatic people who know there gig to come up and start using them all over the world.

hey that sienna looks really familiar? is there a number 209 on the side? if it is i've used that console more in the last year than anyone.

haha ohh soo true theyre just waiting for young awesome enthusiatic people who know there gig to come up and start using them all over the world.
hey that sienna looks really familiar? is there a number 209 on the side? if it is i've used that console more in the last year than anyone.

MON 209 it is. Those VERTEC boxes rocked pretty hard too.

Here's what we've managed to do in our tight spot ...

Last edited:
nice job, dunno about the desk setup though

i prefer a desk that has the connectors on the back, it just looks cleaner but im just nit picking

and the view from the desk is pretty good so you should feel happy....better than being stuck backstage which is our normal setup

nice job, dunno about the desk setup though
i prefer a desk that has the connectors on the back, it just looks cleaner but im just nit picking

The back row of seats is butted up against the back panel of the booth! So we have no way of getting back there should we need to patch the board. Also, the desk right now is 16" deep, just enough to hold the Mackie CFX boards. So right now the jacks on top are fairly convenient. I would like to move to a bigger board someday, but that will require at least 2 feet of depth, and probably more. What I was thinking of doing was adding a slideout tabletop with bottom sliders -- kind of like the keyboard tray on a computer desk, but on top of this desk so you can put the board on the tray. that would at least give me access to the rear of the board when needed.

and the view from the desk is pretty good so you should feel happy....better than being stuck backstage which is our normal setup

Yes, the nice thing about FOH sound is you generally get "the best seat in the house". Unfortunately in our quarter-round flex theater, we're way on house left, so we don't get a good sense of how balanced the sound in the room is. One of these days we'll swap places with the main (lighting) booth and be in the center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back