Potential Concert Shooting Avoided

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
We may have avoided a shooting this weekend at The Gorge in Eastern Washington. 25,000 people were at the Bass Canyon festival. Outside the gate a guy was seen doing stuff with guns and asking people what time the concert ends and where they will exit. He was reported by concert goers and arrested.

Be careful out there friends!

Full story here.

The latest is that the Grant County Sheriff's office walked back the story. They have not given any details about their original statement, nor have they said why they now believe the suspect did not intend to shoot at the crowd.

What's the point of a CCW if you start fiddling around with your gun in public? Keep it concealed bro, lol

What's the point of a CCW if you start fiddling around with your gun in public? Keep it concealed bro, lol

One of my concerns with "constitutional" (open) carrying of firearms is that it becomes most difficult to separate the "good" from the "bad." In perceived danger situations, law enforcement will consider anyone with a firearm to be a "bad guy" unless wearing a law enforcement uniform.

There was a mall shooting a few months ago where the good guy was shot (and I think, killed) by LEO who presumed he was the perp.

Discussion of weapons, use of force, and related topics are hot-button issues. I suggest we tread lightly here.

We had an event opening night last week. A volunteer noticed someone loading a gun while on school property. The kids went into lockdown in the green room and guests were ushered into their seats so we could account for everyone. The police were quick to arrive and took the suspect into custody. We don’t know much more than that but have been lead to believe the target was the football game on the far side of the property.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back