The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Powered Moniters for show choir

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by maccor, Sep 10, 2007.

1. maccor

maccor Member

I'm looking into getting about 3 moniters for our show choir. Powered speakers would be the most versatile for us. I've got a price on some JBL Eon's, but can't fit them into the budget.

Anybody had any experience with Beringer B212A (?)speakers? Like maybe these?

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/230229.html

I've got to try and get 3 speakers and cable for under $1,000. These look like they might fit the bill.

Thanks on advance for your insight....

Mike Cordonnier
    Theater Manager
    Centerville High School
    Centerville, Ohio

2. Eboy87

Eboy87 Well-Known Member

Everything I've heard about them says stay away. Honestly, if you're gonna go the lower end of the active market, I wouldn't go for anything under the Mackie SRM stuff.

$1000 isn't going to get you much. I'd say wait and save. If you can't get more from the school, have a fundraiser. But you really get what you pay for, and I think speakers are too important part of the chain to skimp on.

3. avkid

avkid Not a New User Fight Leukemia

Stagehand/ Production Company Owner
  4. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

I'll go a little bit lower than the Mackie SRM's in my active reccomendations: Peavey PR Powered series. They won't stand up to extended daily beatings, but they should stand up just fine to your use. You'd have to build cradles to turn them in to useful wedges, but Peavey makes pretty solid products.

I wouldn't trust any Behringer speakers. I know plenty of pros that trust Behringer amps and some Behringer processors, and they work very well in medium-sized systems. However, none of them trust any Behringer speakers. Says something about 'em.

5. avkid

avkid Not a New User Fight Leukemia

Stagehand/ Production Company Owner
    Amps are OK in the strictest sense of the word.
    Don't touch the mixers, the cabs are ridiculous rip-offs of established designs.
    The older processors are the only good ones, really.