Sound f/x Pre-Show Music

Trolley01

Hi,

I've been asked to do an awards presentation evening on Thursday - no problems there. However, they are also expecting me to provide some pre-show and intermission music. There is no music inthe presentation to base it on. Just wondering what music any of you guys would put in. Last year they had someone playing keyboards to a midi backing track.

I want to keep it instrumental - but don't know where to go from there! Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!!

Wow!

That is one great site, so much music available too!!

Think I might have to have an explore for my personal collection too!!

You know, what to play all depends on what kind of reward reception that it is.... I'd say your safest bet is to find some paino lounge music and that could be played as background... something that people would not think about while it is playing... If it is a baseball or sports ceremony, don't feel bad to try to play something themed... the library is good for that sort of thing... Asking the "head" people of the group is also a good idea if they haven't given you any dirrection to what to play...

And do check what you "can" play... most places are ok with whatever... a lot of places (regional theatres, churches, schools) pay an all encompassing fee, it'd be woth checking if you are afraid of copywright infringement...

Thanks rdagit, I should have specified the event in a bit more detail. It is a formal end of year awards ceremony, presenting to the best people in each faculty. It can't be anything too themed as it is for all faculties in the college.

Thankfully, it is a college with an 'all emcompassing' fee paid! One less expense!

very small market if you think about it. Plus everyone wants something diffirent to suite the mood.

I end up using things like "martin lass- songs without words" or since we have started recording concerts playing back previous ones to keep the mood going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back