The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Prescription safety glasses

Discussion in 'Safety' started by gafftapegreenia, Apr 5, 2018.

1. gafftapegreenia

gafftapegreenia CBMod CB Mods

Prop-tart
    What do you wear? Where did you get them? Any tips?

I wish Costco sold them.

2. MNicolai

MNicolai Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

Consultant
    I have the OnGuard 093, which goes for about $75 and comes with side shields. I probably have the anti-scratch coating as well which is +$10. I got mine from my eye doctor's office but I'm pretty sure you can just order online if you know your prescription.

http://www.rx-safety.com/brands/ong...iption-safety-glasses-metal-frame-og-093.html

One thing to be cautious about it is whenever you're working with spray paint. That's when you'll want to put something over your RX glasses so you don't get paint specks all over your lenses. You don't want to treat them as sacrificial as your average safety glasses.

gafftapegreenia and RonHebbard like this.
  3. BillConnerFASTC

BillConnerFASTC Well-Known Member

Theatre Consultant
    I bought a pair of magnifiers at Lowes for $20 or $25 for those job sites I am on that check that. Allows me to read. Generally I get by with my regular glasses, hard hat, heavy work boots,and hi-vee vest.

4. Leo Mauler

Leo Mauler Member

I've generally used safety glasses which fit over prescription glasses. Much better spending $5-$15 to replace them than $75+, and I can permanently attach lighting gizmos to the cheaper safety glasses.