Presentation advancer

Jon Majors

I'm looking for suggestions on a presentation advancer to use in a large auditorium. Stage is 40' from booth so it will need to reach at least that far. Any recommendations on one I can buy from Amazon will be helpful!

Thanks!

I've looked at the PerfectCue and almost pulled the trigger a couple of times. It is the go-to for the industry. That said, the price point shows.

I've been using Logitech products for years, and use the R800 in our theatre for presentations. Advertises as "up to 100' ", and it seems to hit pretty close to that in the real-world.
I used to buy the R400's as our main stock (we have a bunch of breakout rooms), but have now switched to the generic clones available on Amazon. The only down side is that you can't re-pair them, but the Logitech software to do that is a PITA and doesn't work well for that anyway.

I like the Logitech advancers, sometimes more than the Perfect Cue because they're fast, except for the receiver of the Perfect Cue. Having that signal light to show the presenter pushed the button is invaluable.
Sometimes you get an anxious presenter who smashes the button twice every time and you end up taking their control away and advancing yourself.

On large stages, I'd use an active USB extender to get the Logitech receiver closer to the stage, even if it's just up at eye level FO. Nothing worse than a laptop 3' off the ground and 500 people in metal chairs blocking the signal.

I love the D'San Perfect Cue for so many reasons (except the cost). I had a Kensington M01084-T which said that it would work 100'. I tried it out in our 2000 seat house, wandering everywhere and it kept working. Then when I had the speaker in doing his presentation (along with 300 or so attendees), it would miss every once in a while at around 40' (where I was set up to where he was). Never underestimate the power of many cell phones. With the Perfect Cue, I have never had an issue at over 135', through the booth glass as well as all of my other equipment surrounding it. If I did, you can always use a second receiver to diversify your antennae.

Perfect Cue. Comes in 3 models, IIRC. If you're doing Power Point presentations on a regular basis it's the thing to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back