President-Elect Joe Biden

At 1121EST, the associated press called the 2020 US Presidential Race for Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

[ That's 'news'. We should probably avoid comments. ]
Neighbors to my South: My most SINCERE and HEARTFELT CONGRATURLATIONS!!!
Toodleoo!
Ron (Posting from North of little Donnie's walls) Hebbard

I'd like to use the Gerald Ford quote "our long national nightmare is over"... but I can't because it's not. The same people that supported the outgoing administration are not departing the public sphere.

And once again Control Booth shows it’s outright liberal bias. Maybe we should change the Control Booth logo to a Biden/Harris banner?

Yes, ControlBooth is MY COMMUNITY, and it has always been unapologetically Pro-Science, Pro-Arts, Pro-Net Neutrality, and Pro-Equality. If you don't agree with this, that's fine, but understand that is in-step with the VAST majority of the Live Entertainment Community. I'm sorry you feel it's wrong that CB has a liberal bias, but the truth is, it does. The liberal political parties around the world tend to be better supporters of the arts, of science, of civil rights, and equality, all things that are hallmarks of what our industry holds dear. Unfortunately, our industry hasn't always modeled these things, but we are a work in progress and we will hold each other to higher standards. It is part of our culture on ControlBooth, to hold each other to a higher standard of accuracy, of safety, of empathy, and professionalism.

But, to paraphrase Joe Biden tonight, we will strive to be our better angels, to bring the United back to The United States. We are a community for anyone who has technical questions and wants a community where people understand the crazy things we do and the profession we chose.

So, tonight we celebrate with Biden and Harris. And tomorrow we will be back to working to make Congress acknowledge our industry and the help it needs. We are not out of the woods yet, but we are headed in the right direction.

Thanks,
David

Last edited:
Fantastic idea, support the people who support us.
Sorry, I won't change our logo till we get The RESTART Act through Congress. That's still my number one goal, to get support for so many of you that need it.

I've always found it faintly amusing that people use the epithet "liberal" as an insult.
And so liberally too.
When several U.S. television networks pulled the plug on their President mid speaking, my first thought was: "I can't imagine either of our national networks interrupting our Queen mid speaking; not even our French network."
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Australia is celebrating along with the USA. I thought both Biden‘s and Harris‘ speeches on Saturday night were excellent - and I’m willing to bet that Dr. Fauci breathed a huge sigh of relief. There’s been a fair amount of speculation here today that our government, who have been very, very weak on climate change, will be pushed for greater action by the Biden administration and I look forward to that. Also, I had expected a temper tantrum from the outgoing President but he’s surpassed my expectations and I suspect he’s only getting started.

I for one am thrilled to finally have an adult in charge. Mostly looking forward to not having to give a damn whenever I hear that crazy cheese puff on the news. My cats will tell you I've mumbled "God help us" around the house too much in the last four years. I'm relieved to change that to "whatever biotch..."

As for Joe, someone pleeeeaaaase tell him to not run onstage. No running ever! I support Joe -- that's why I'm sending their production manager a case of glow tape and a microphone without any buttons.

Australia is celebrating along with the USA. I thought both Biden‘s and Harris‘ speeches on Saturday night were excellent - and I’m willing to bet that Dr. Fauci breathed a huge sigh of relief. There’s been a fair amount of speculation here today that our government, who have been very, very weak on climate change, will be pushed for greater action by the Biden administration and I look forward to that. Also, I had expected a temper tantrum from the outgoing President but he’s surpassed my expectations and I suspect he’s only getting started.
The whole world is celebrating along with the US.
Tweets from the mayor of london and paris are the two I remember distinctly. Along with fireworks too. And there was a 3 minute long speech I listened to from the PM of Ireland I believe.

I for one am thrilled to finally have an adult in charge. Mostly looking forward to not having to give a damn whenever I hear that crazy cheese puff on the news. My cats will tell you I've mumbled "God help us" around the house too much in the last four years. I'm relieved to change that to "whatever biotch..."

As for Joe, someone pleeeeaaaase tell him to not run onstage. No running ever! I support Joe -- that's why I'm sending their production manager a case of glow tape and a microphone without any buttons.
The previous time there was a completely crazy person in the news every few days it was Charlie Sheen.
Thankful of 2021 when we hear of the orange baby's business troubles and it will just be his problem, not all of ours.

Also, can I just add that the Four Seasons landscaping press conference is the absolute funniest thing I think I have ever seen.
@kiwitechgirl Would you please link me to your: "Four Seasons landscaping press conference"?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Also, can I just add that the Four Seasons landscaping press conference is the absolute funniest thing I think I have ever seen.

Right out of an episode of Veep.

@kiwitechgirl Would you please link me to your: "Four Seasons landscaping press conference"?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

In a hastily convened press conference in Philadelphia, Trump's legal team featuring Rudy Giuliani, Corey Lewandowski, and others was supposed to announce their lawsuits against the state of Pennsylvania for their objections to the way the votes were tallied. Trump announces Saturday morning via Presidential Tweet that the press conference will be held at the Four Seasons, which everybody understood to be the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadelphia.

From what anyone can tell, the Trump campaign somehow botched the booking and Trump quickly deleted that tweet and corrected it to "Four Seasons Total Landscaping", which is some random landscaping contractor's warehouse a run-down area of the city, wedged between a crematorium and an adult DVD/bookstore called "Fantasy Island." Looks like in order to save face about the botched booking but not wanting to correct the president's erroneous tweet about the Four Seasons, the campaign scrambled to find any place with a Four Seasons in the name. (some of this is conjecture, I'm not sure we'll ever truly know how this came to be.)

During the press conference, all the news networks call the race for Joe Biden -- so as Rudy Giuliani is about to get to up to the lectern with a bunch of mic cables tangled on the ground next to it and some DJ-shack speakers, reporters start to pack up their equipment in droves and leave mid-conference while Rudy is talking.

Here's a good write-up from the perspective of a reporter who was there.

Four Seasons Total Landscaping is now selling merch, with catchy slogans such as "Make America Rake Again" and "Lawn & Order".

There's also now a virtual reality chat room of the Four Seasons press conference, for Furries. If you don't know what a Furry is, I'm not sure I would Google it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

===

It feels important to note that the federal judge reviewing one of the lawsuits in Philadelphia raked one of Trump's lawyer's over the coals for misrepresenting their claims. (see below)

1604988433982.png

===

Honestly, it's all very funny to me, but at the same time it's incredibly sad and infuriating. These are the same people who have spent the last year ignoring, politicizing, and botching the coronavirus response. It's hard not to see the parallels between this press conference and the coronavirus response. It's all a vanity exercise for Trump with little or no empathy for the people whose lives have been impacted and exists in an alternate reality of facts that have no basis in our reality.

Last edited:
My favorite part was when reporters told Rudy it had been called and he asked who called it. They said everyone... and I think he was trying to mock them all but he ended up looking up at the sky with his arms spread asking "All the networks?" Like he was asking god what he had done to deserve that. Everything about that conference was bad optics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back