Control/Dimming Problem Programming Dimmer

densant

hey, i've been having a little problem programming a dimmer which is a
Matrix DMX 4CH
MATRIX DMX 4ch. Double Output Dimmer Pack - BulbAmerica.com,
my console is a elation stage setter 24, Elation Professional - Professional Lighting Products.

Ok, My problem is that i needed to program that dimmer to start in channel 22, but for some reason after channel 21 i lost signal, so i only received signal from channel 1-21.
ooh i also use 3 Elation DP-415
Elation Professional - Professional Lighting Products

Check the following:
  1. The patching on your console is right
  2. You set the addresses correctly
That is going to be your most likely problem.

I would suggest you first want to determine if this is a board problem or a dimmer pack problem.

Take one of your Elation dimmer packs and map it to DMX address of ( say) 20. Connect it to your console and see if you can access channels 20 thru 23.

If the elation dimmer pack shows the same behavior (IE 20 and 21 work. 22 and 23 do not) you have a board issue - either in the mode of the board, or an internal problem.

If the elation pack does work - you either have a dimmer pack set up issue, or a problem with the dimmer. Perhaps you have a blown fuse or the circuit is fried. Make sure you are in 4 dimmer mode, and try patching to a lower address to test the dimmer pack ( IE patch to channel 16 - 20 and see if that works).

Good luck

ok, here's wha i had tried i put console mode 1X12, and i only received signal from channels 1-9, in mode 2X12 only got signal from 1-12, and 1X24 i get signal from 1-21. also if i set the dimmer to start in channel 20, channels 21-24 seem to work.
so i guess it looks like a console problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back