Problems with Yamaha Studio Manager for LS9-32

So I finally got some time on the board and updated the firmware, resetup studio manager, and changed all my IP settings, but when I go to assign ports for the board in Studio Manager, nothing shows up for input, and the only choice for output is Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. Any ideas?

Something with the DME Network driver is not right. This driver handles the Midi over Ethernet. If it's setup correctly, it shows as a Midi source/sink to Windows. I'll take a look at my laptop when I get home. I used to use it to connect with the LS9-16 my previous church has.

Last edited:
I had a blast with Studio Manager and the LS9. The mix position at my previous church was in the balcony. So with the help of my laptop and a wireless router, I would do sound check from the floor to correctly set EQ and levels. Made life much easier. Now I'm back on a analog board and it's taken some time to adjust.

I realized I could do visual EQ after about an hour and it's so much fun. When I started moving sliders without touching them my light tech freaked out because he thought something was wrong with the board.

This is the process I follow to sync the ls9 or m7 cl to computer. I accept no responsibility if you wipe the memory on your console by not being cautios. Also there is great tech support from yamaha

The LS9 connectivity is done thru Ethernet. MID is to control external changes on other outboard equipment. The USB is for Thumb drive style storage for Recording/ Playback of MP3. Also for a "security key " type of feature.
TO Connect to computer install latest firmware on console. (Be sure to back up console on USB Drive first.) Then Update to all recent drivers and Studio Manager, including update for LS9 console.
In your Lan connection properties choose IPV4 and choose properties.
Choose Use the following IP address. Enter in 192.168.0.12x. the x is any number than what the LS9n is not. You can see ls9 IP address under settings tabs.
Then goto DME Network driver program.
Click Advanced tab
Enter Detect f IP That is just under address on console
Enter detect to IP That is just over address on console
Click Start.
There should be a device that pops up in table below.
select and click "Add to device list" (window closes)
In Target Device list should be the ls9.
select save and close

Open studio Manager
pop up that says midi port not assigned shows. click ok
Open File drop down and select set up
under modify work space select console and add to workspace
under midi settings select ls9 on both sides
Click update ports
Leave midi thru checked
in both boxes select appropriate port
Click set default
Under preferences tab uncheck Auto sync
click apply and ok

Back on studio Manager go to synchronize Select from hardware. * failure to do this part will result in wiping console memory*

once synced the console will appear and voila... you are done. enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back