Production Advantage Joins Forces With VLS

VLS

PA_VLS_Logo_Transparent_white.pngCanterbury Capital LLC (Canterbury) today announced that it has completed the purchase of selected assets of Production Advantage (PA) founded in 1991 and based in Williston, Vermont. PA provides specialty equipment, supplies, and technical services to the arts and entertainment industry and other niche markets. Customers include professional and academic theaters, performing arts and concert venues, school facilities, houses of worship, exhibits, and special events. The primary revenue stream is the sale of boxed-goods equipment, including stage lighting, power distribution, special effects, and rigging.

Vincent Lighting Systems (VLS) owned by Canterbury has been engaged to manage the order fulfillment process for all customer transactions stemming from this asset purchase. To that end, VLS is creating a new e-commerce platform that will service both PA and VLS clients under the name Production Advantage powered by VLS. Canterbury’s goal is to grow and expand this unique national sales platform for equipment and supplies. Current, former, and future clients of PA and VLS will receive outstanding service and support in the most simple, efficient, and transparent manner possible.

Speaking for Canterbury, Bill Groener remarked that “the entertainment industry has been severely impacted by the pandemic. Canterbury is pleased to pair the successful national brand of Production Advantage with the superb service and support of VLS. This is truly a ‘win/win’ as clients will receive exceptional value.”

Tom Siko, President of VLS comments “We are excited to have Ron Kline join our team as the Account Executive for the Northeast US. Ron brings years of industry experience and deep relationships with Production Advantage customers.”

Visitors to www.proadv.com will experience a user-friendly website, with a broad range of products backed up by a team of veteran product experts and technicians.

For more information, please click here.

PA was a great company. I'm happy to have given them what business I did over the years. I'll also miss getting the maple syrup candies in the orders. :)

I too am saddened to hear the news from Dave. I did a lot of business with PA over a decade or more, they were my go-to vendor, gave great prices and exemplary service and support. It is unfortunatley a difficult time to run a business such as this when nobody is working, buying and or has funding, thus it’s not unexpected.

@dvsDave , if you could pass along a message to Rocky and Cyd, a thanks for years of friendship, help and support, I will miss them and wish them the best in their new endeavors.

Steve Bailey
Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts at Brooklyn College
(an organization that is also no longer in existence).

I too am saddened to hear the news from Dave. I did a lot of business with PA over a decade or more, they were my go-to vendor, gave great prices and exemplary service and support. It is unfortunatley a difficult time to run a business such as this when nobody is working, buying and or has funding, thus it’s not unexpected.

@dvsDave , if you could pass along a message to Rocky and Cyd, a thanks for years of friendship, help and support, I will miss them and wish them the best in their new endeavors.

Steve Bailey
Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts at Brooklyn College
(an organization that is also no longer in existence).

Will do.

Vincent is a great company too, sorry to see another company reach the point in all this where they need to sell but getting in with folks at VLS isn't the worst way to go if you have to.

Hadn't ProAdv looked at merging with Vincent or Frost five or six years ago?
There was a proposed merger that almost happened between Mainstage, Vincent and Production Advantage somewhere around 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back