Production Intercom shipping delays

jstroming

Is anyone else waiting on the new MS-301 base station or am I the only unlucky one? We have been waiting 3 MONTHS for it but no one, not my supplier or even P/I themselves, can tell me when they will be shipping. I'm holding off on ordering more until I know for sure they're not going out of business....

Just want to give an update. It is now mid-august, 6 months from original purchase date (I actually purchased it through NSL in February). Both Production Intercom and NSL keep saying "2-3 weeks" for all my orders. I actually have a base station on order, as well as 6 headsets, and 2 headset rackmount stations....all in different orders, but from around the same time.

I just want to let you guys know so if you're planning on ordering anything from Production Intercom make sure they have it in stock. Apparently their chinese manufacturer folded, and they're having problems getting parts in. But 6 months is outrageous, especially being that I was told in late February that all my items would ship in "2-3 weeks".

That is insane, I hope you haven't paid for them yet. We ordered a couple of belt packs and headsets in May and had them in a week.

I have seen PI take maybe a month with an item on back order that they had to make but that is ridiculous... I have used all sorts of com equipment and PI is nice but ClearCom is awesome and by far my favorite headset is by Telex. I would try to get refunded if you haven't gotten it unless you want to wait.

I have seen PI take maybe a month with an item on back order that they had to make but that is ridiculous... I have used all sorts of com equipment and PI is nice but ClearCom is awesome and by far my favorite headset is by Telex. I would try to get refunded if you haven't gotten it unless you want to wait.

Yeah I think most of us would prefer to have ClearCom stuff, but it's hard to justify when your on a very tight budget and PI is half the price and works just fine.

there is definaly delays with PI right now. I ordered some new headsets from my guy at BMI, back mid July, and he said about a month.

And now we know why:

Home

From beltpack dot com :
... Now it’s time to call it a day. We are eternally grateful to all the faithful customers and suppliers who worked with us throughout the years. It has been hard work, but some times great fun. And we were proud of the products that we built and the genuine concern for our customers that had been our hallmark. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone needs any instruction / installation information, it may be a good idea to download it now. The "downloads" page still works. Who knows what will happen in the future.

Downloads

I dont feel bad for them. They shouldn't have left their customers (and our customers) stranded while we have thousands of dollars tied up with them. A phone call and order cancellation would have been nice, maybe 6 months ago.

And then he recommends buying stuff from his daughter with "2+ years experience"?!? And he's going to coach from the sidelines....is he NUTS?!?

I think I'll pass. Back to clearcom it is.

Last edited:
So sad. They made such great quality equipment. I was much happier with them than Clearcom. Hopefully the new company will maintain the quality.

Sorry to hear that, JStroming. As a small business owner myself, I have nothing but empathy toward the struggles of others trying to make a living in this industry/economy. He admitted to making mistakes, but there are always factors beyond your control when it comes to keeping a business afloat. I hope that everything works out for him and his family.

Aw man, now who am I going to get a red handset from?

I caved a couple of weeks ago and changed my PI order to some Earcom similar headsets.... I'm not impressed with the earcom ones :-(.

TJ Cornish posted a link to this thread over at soundforums.net and there are some interesting responses there.
Production Intercom out of business
Arther Skudra posted the manufacturer's rep email he received which has this nice news:
The new company has a new location, retained PI staff and reestablished key supplier relationships to start manufacturing immediately. Model numbers and pricing will not be changed."

TJ Cornish posted a link to this thread over at soundforums.net and there are some interesting responses there.
Production Intercom out of business
Arther Skudra posted the manufacturer's rep email he received which has this nice news:
The new company has a new location, retained PI staff and reestablished key supplier relationships to start manufacturing immediately. Model numbers and pricing will not be changed."
That would be great if true. The bump in the road is disconcerting - from the outside looking in it would seem to have been easier to have the daughter keep the name and everything rolling. I suppose there were debts that needed to be wiped out necessitating the reboot with a different corporate name.

Production Intercom

I know PI has shut down but I was hoping to get a few before they are all gone. Nobody is listing them because they are out of production. Anybody know of anybody who can give me a quote?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back