Production Intercom shipping delays

Re: Production Intercom

I just want to say I always loved and purchased PI equipment. Your service and product were always top notch. I wish you the best in this adventure and look forward to your new product line.

The new company should at least make a more professional website while they're getting their act together. What has been up for the last 6 months doesn't exactly give me confidence in them.

The new company should at least make a more professional website while they're getting their act together. What has been up for the last 6 months doesn't exactly give me confidence in them.
I say give them the beneefitof the doubt. If there was a fault with Production intercom, in my humble opinion, it was in thier generosity and price structure. during thier years of operation I never heard a complaint about them 'till the bitter end. Maybe they dropped the ball with the way thier company ended and perhaps they didn't handle the marketing end of it too well, but then they always did have a marketing problem; Imean 'Beltpack.com' for a domain ? seriously ? No, they are/were good people but maybe not the best 'businessmen'.
I'd add to that they we know nothing of how deeply the loss of thier business affected thier familyand personal financials. It may very well be that they have what they can afford at this point.

They would also be well advised to proofread their broadcast emails before hitting send...

FYI that was not a "Public Broadcast" it was a personal email sent to me in response to an inquiry I made. It was never meant for 'Publica consumption' and I was in Tech rehearsal last night when I posted it, as always I didn't porfraed it.

All I know is I got seven new belt packs and head sets.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I say give them the beneefitof the doubt. If there was a fault with Production intercom, in my humble opinion, it was in thier generosity and price structure. during thier years of operation I never heard a complaint about them 'till the bitter end. Maybe they dropped the ball with the way thier company ended and perhaps they didn't handle the marketing end of it too well, but then they always did have a marketing problem; Imean 'Beltpack.com' for a domain ? seriously ? No, they are/were good people but maybe not the best 'businessmen'.
I'd add to that they we know nothing of how deeply the loss of thier business affected thier familyand personal financials. It may very well be that they have what they can afford at this point.

Don't get me wrong...I hope they DO get back on their feet. It's just that I remember the announcement of PI's closing:

"We are very pleased and encouraged to tell you all Diana Mullis, Glenn’s daughter has formed a new company called Pro Intercom LLC and is raring to pick up where PI has left off. With a diverse business background in large and small business, IT technologies and an entrepreneurial spirit just like Glenn we have the greatest of faith that very quickly the recently lost momentum will be restored. Diana has been at PI for the last two years and knows all aspects of the company both good and bad which will allow her to plot the best course for a quick recovery. The new company has a new location, retained PI staff and reestablished key supplier relationships to start manufacturing immediately. Model numbers and pricing will not be changed."

Now 6 months later...nothing.

My point was that I expected at least a website with some information on it, especially since the closing announcement made a point to mention their "background in IT technologies".

Just tried their website - at least they have something substiantial up now:
Home

I'm done waiting for them. Plus I think it's shady that they close down and just start back up again under a different company name with their daughters running it. Not too confident I won't be waiting 6 months for their products like I did last time.

I met a company at NAB who I purchased several units from, I'm receiving next week and will let everyone know my experience. Prices are great. My needs aren't too complicated (1 and 2 channel master stations and beltpacks) so this might fit the bill for me.

TELIKOU Technologies Co., Ltd-Products

And yes, they are a foreign company, but have been easy to deal with over the phone, no language barriers.

Plus I think it's shady that they close down and just start back up again under a different company name with their daughters running it. Not too confident I won't be waiting 6 months for their products like I did last time.
As I understand it PI was in the midst of working on a major expansion to which both the company and the owner's personally were already heavily commited when their financing partner ran into difficulties, which basically ended any expansion plans. The financing partner got a government bailout so their execs could give themselves bonuses while companies like PI that were apparently not 'too big to fail' lost their investments. PI tried to keep going but the situation was untenable.

Re: Pro Intercom LLC

I placed a small order recently; just a few beltpacks and headsets. Same great experience as I had with the old PI stuff. I don't care for the new website though.

~Dave

I don't know if you also read Soundforums.net but there is a bit more info on what is shipping and some comments by Diana Mullis of the new company starting at post # 20 of this thread:
Production Intercom out of business

From what I've heard they are back in business and have their full product line up and running again. The website is full of the same great products as before, still made in America by some really nice people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back