products you would wish to see

I would like to see a little robot that runs on garbage and makes gallons of gasoline as waste. Also, he does everything for me but gives me all the money for doing it.

That would be great.

A gel analyzer--like the paint analyzers; a device that could read the RGB content of a lighting gel and tell you what it is (i.e. Rosco #386 or the likes). Would make iding unmarked gels hundreds of times easier, and could eliminate the need to mark them altogether.

I'd also like better gel swatchbooks; larger (I know that was mentioned), but also different formats, so I could take out the swatches to see for myself how they'd look (not just attatched to that fat thing)

Also on the topic of gels: Little light boxes, available with low-wattage lamps that would be different color temperatures. If I'm not at the auditorium, how can I know what a certain gel will look like if placed on one of my lekos?

A light console that is just a box with a DMX line coming out of it and a bluetooth headset. You simply tell the console what to do with verbal commands. You do your patch by going to patch mode and the console goes through each light and you tell it what it's gel number, location, focus, use and groups. Then when you are designing you can just say somehting like "bring all my warm front light down 5%" or refer to a light by any of it's attributes like "take out anything that is less than 20%". Then for the show, you just call the cues to the console. But if this box has a glowing red light on it, it's named HAL and tells you "I'm afraid I can't let you do that" when you tell it to power down the rig... RUN!

I as a color blind person, love the gel analizer idea.

Wasn't there something in the news about a chip being tested on crippled people which links brain waves to a mouse curser on a screen and can make a hand move?

Why bother speaking to a blue tooth - just think about all the pre-programming. Get the chip and just will (as it were) the lights to do what you wish. At least as a theory.

Last edited:
I would like to see an intelligent version of the source 4 par, with movement, zoom and cmy mixing.

Also I can't wait for more led fixtures, the idea of being able to get a lot more fixtures with less power is an amazing one. I would love upgrade kits to retrofit source 4's into led fixtures.

Also (jokingly) I would love wireless extention cords!

Last edited:
Haha, yea right after posting I was like "y'know, wireless power would be nice too"

Totally touchscreen lightboard no mechanical parts (I.E sliders, Buttons)

Haha, yea right after posting I was like "y'know, wireless power would be nice too"

they have that.

It is called tesla coil. its great except for the fact that if anything walks in its path, gets fried

Last edited:
And here I was just wishing for improved HPL like 115v BTN lamps for 6" Fresnels and the like so my Fresnels might provide the same output. Silly me in not being much beyond the "Vison" or two scene pre-set by way of controlling my lights.

None the less, it's a wish list type of post and while I'm posting about stuff I want to see, it's interesting to see stuff others want to see. Given a few more members of this forum, certainly more will put a moment's thought into what they most need. Never know, perhaps some day you might just see what you most wish for or find a link to what you need in asking posted.

I know that in my origional post for the qualty poinspot on Pro-Sound, later that week I was shown a TMB version of it. This would be the answer to my needs except they had a wee bit of problems in design. Seems the TMB version would not fit a GE #4515 lamp normally associated with a pinspot in being a wee bit too small for some design problem reason. No problem, we had a mutitude of "made in China" at best lamps that came out of American DJ fixtures. The PAR 36 pinspot lamp fit without a problem - just would not come out once installed. Yep, that's a wee design flaw in having seen an early wee slight production problem in the fixture necessitating a recall.

Still in my own looking at the question and remembering during some large concert tour me having to modify 136 American DJ pinspots to work with a 120v/650w lamp, that part was by far more easy than attempting to screw down it's penut butter jar tripple screw lamp holding cap. I found a strap wrench worked best for this but also constantly cursed the fixtures. TMB coming out with the fixture was coincidence to Craig's Pro-Sound post and my reply in already having solved the problem

What things do you really want to see no matter how technical or at least in some ways how small in even a screw checker sizing guide (we call them anial beads) would be useful to you? The gel specifier I'm surprised Rosco has not come out with by now and would be a really cool thing to have much less develop.

Brain modulated mouses to internal reflector based HPL lamps, what do you want to see? Heck, a few weeks back, I bought some "errection wrenches" for a tour. It involved a socket wrench that was both alignment pin for truss and ratchet. They loved the idea in solving lots of problems. This much less the name. All one needs to do is express an idea or need often as a concept in posting openly.

Last edited:
Actually, I've had something I've been really wanting. I want heat gloves (for focusing) that extend all the way to the elbow (would have to be some sort of spandexy, underarmor-type material. Hence, I rig in an underarmor shirt).

Even better: Have the hands one piece, and have the ability to zip on/off the forearm guards (like zipoff pants, if you will) when needed. Gives a lot of versatility, protection, and allows you to wear the least amount needed in hot environments.

that sounds great, i know i have hated some focus days especialy in summer when we get part of our rig glowing, it just becomes an oven....

Although it's already out there, I would really appreciate some "swing wing" style truss for the movers. Not only in being slightly tired of constantly lifting them in and out of the cases and onto the truss or structure, but also in ease of use and time saving.

Lets see. I'd love a pair of good heat gloves that I felt that I could wear and not loose function of my hands. I have a nice pair from setwear, but even those I feel like I can't work as well in as bare-handed.

I agree with Ship on a nice pinspot lamp, current ones just don't do it....

I would also like to see a light board with a 'pretty' button, the button to magically make the stage look gorgeous.

Plus, as someone already beat me to, wireless electricity. Few things are less fun then running hundreds of feet of multicable through the roof. We must tap the power of lightning.

How about a combination road case/lighting tree? The case would be framed out of durable adjustable (in some form) piping. The sides/walls would fold down to stabalize, and so the fixtures in the case could be hung from the road case itself! Basically, it'd almost be like an erector set of sorts--additional pipes could be built into the frame, and then moved/adjusted to create some sort of frame to c-clamp to. (And when you're done, the entire unit folds up and rolls away for great storage!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back