Program for House

Alright, I'm working on the program right now. Its looking pretty nice so far, and I'm gonna eventually have it save the show in database format, so it can easily be read in Microsoft Access or similar database applications. The only thing thats taking me a while is that I have to learn database programming, which isn't a big deal, I've been meaning to do that anyways, but it's just taking time. I'd say I'm about half done right now. Lemme know if ya wanna see a screenshot or something, I'll be glad to take a few and post them up.

Yeah! Screenshots would be grand! I am way excited about the whole thing - it will make a lot of people's jobs much easier.

Cheers!!

That's TupeloTechieKid's house, seating layous view. I'm also working on a table view, so you can sort out the data. It will store the name of the person the seat is reserved for and the price it was reserved for. I've still got a ways to go to finish it up, but I'm gettin there. I just tossed my whole SQL database idea, going with something simpler instead.

looks cool you should think about selling it :p how hard would it be for people to customize it to their own theater? If possible at all.

Holy Smokes! Prety soon Control booth is going to have Box office software to compete with Tessitura ! :mrgreen:

That looks really good!, Congrats on a job well done!

looks cool you should think about selling it :p how hard would it be for people to customize it to their own theater? If possible at all.
Currently I have it set up so that I have to hard code the seating layout into a class with helper functions specific to the theater, but I have considered making it customizable. In an earlier stage I actually had it so that you could add and delete seats as you desired, but I figured it probably wouldn't be cool to click the wrong button and have a seat and all its information disappear. Once I finish the version for TupeloTechieKid and thorin81, I plan on figuring out an interface to generate layouts at runtime. It's really easy to hard code things, its not so easy to do them at runtime.

I have also considered selling it; I'm broke. :)
You guys are like my beta testers!

Rethinking this, I like the fact that you can't change the seating layout, as that means that you can't really pirate steal share distribute this software, unless someone else has the same layout as you. :)

That doesn't necessarily mean I won't make a customizable version. I might not sell this at all, I may even go open source with it.

For now I'll accept donations, ;) email me, lol.

Changes:

Displays stats in the data grid view.

RAR
ZIP

Wow, congrats on your work so far. I'm really looking forward to the whole exporting to Microsoft Access. Being able to customize the seating would be nice too, because where I work we frequenty use two different venues.

Whatever you choose I'll most defiantly use this program, whether it is sold or open source.

Keep up the good work =D

Actually, .rar is just a type of file compression. It's similar to .zip, it takes files and compresses them into one. I'm not sure that this would run on a mac...

Unfortunately... I have no idea how to port C# .NET 2.0 to Mac OS X
Which reminds me, I believe this program requires microsoft .net 2.0

Sweet! I am way stoked to be able to use it. This is going to make my life so much easier! Thanks

I hate to bring up the old thread, but is it possible to get the program with my house in it? Or am I just missing something? How do I load my house into the program? I was playing around with the version posted here, but I could not get the reports menu to function either. Any progress or improvements?

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back