Programmer Paperwork

Neon Ninja

Hey everyone,
so I'm fairly new to programming but have a good grasp on the key strokes and everything. I was listening to a podcast with a broadway programmer and he said they keep and make paperwork. My question was what paperwork do you guys make up or keep, plus would you be able to post examples since i have no idea what this stuff should be or look like

Broadway shows frequently head out on tour or may move to a different theater. Sometimes that tour or move will involve a swap out of existing gear for newer stuff. Thus they need to keep meticulous records on what every light is doing at every cue.

Typical software would be Focus Track, which sucks the data from the console real-time and fills in the data base. http://www.focustrack.co.uk/

Note that this is all in addition to the console file (typically an Eos family console, sometimes a GrandMA), the updated light plot (usually in Vectorworks), and the hookup in Lightwright.

I will typically generate no paperwork - at least nothing outside of the console. Record, label, move on.

The only thing that I might write up is if I need very specific modes for a mover, and even then it's just emailing with the production electrician.

Final documentation is done by an assistant/associate in conjunction with the programmer, but they're the ones generating the paperwork.

I've used all three of the programmes available which work with Eos (MLA, Focustrack, Fast Focus Pro) and MLA is the best by far.

Broadway shows frequently head out on tour or may move to a different theater. Sometimes that tour or move will involve a swap out of existing gear for newer stuff. Thus they need to keep meticulous records on what every light is doing at every cue.

Typical software would be Focus Track, which sucks the data from the console real-time and fills in the data base. http://www.focustrack.co.uk/

Note that this is all in addition to the console file (typically an Eos family console, sometimes a GrandMA), the updated light plot (usually in Vectorworks), and the hookup in Lightwright.

:) I got an another link from the focus track.co.uk it was basecamp, it is very useful system and started to use it with my team :D Thanks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back