Programming strobe effect in light

Hello, there. I am working on an ETC Nomad Eos (a beginner with ETC Eos), and I am trying to program an American DJ Element QA to strobe. I have the light patched and see the 3 parts to the light, but I am unsure how to get the light to strobe. The intensity and colors work great, but I am reading about using the beam palette for the strobe effect, and everything I try seems to not match up to what they are talking about. So I guess what I am looking for is a step by step (key stroke to key stroke) on how to program my light to strobe. Can someone help me out here? Thank you for any input.

Presumably you are referring to the fixture that is listed in the library as American DJ Element QAIP. There are 5 modes for that fixture. You need to be using either the 6, 9 or 10 address mode. The fixture needs to be configured to whichever mode you select.

Using the 6 address mode,
  • open the ML control. (press F7 to open in CIA, or open in a tab, or as a popup by clicking on the ML popup magic wand symbol on top right corner)
  • turn the fixture on (Chan x Full Enter)
  • select a strobing mode
  • spin the virtual encoder to set a strobe rate
1588882289276.png

So you can use the "shutter strobe" feature on the light, and either use it straight up or use it in any effect, etc.
Also with LEDS they tend to respond quick enough (depending on the effect you are using) to use a "linear" effect or "step based" effect on the intensity control to make a very specific effect or pattern.
Don't know this specific light, or what you are going for, you may need to use the shutter strobe to get extremely fast strobe/flicker effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back