Programming video on the ETC ION board

Celena Alcock

I was wondering what the best practices for programming video on the ETC ION are. We're thinking we have to cue Q-Lab through the ion board (having one cue list for lighting and another cue list for video, and then linking them together). I've never done this before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The best way that I've found to do it is just one list that executes MIDI triggers or macros attached to cues with the media is supposed to play for. I then have a macro that enables and disables my MIDI out depending on what you're doing.

OSC is another great option, if you can get your QLab computer on your lighting network. There's a great guide here. I've done this before (with audio cues, but same difference), so feel free to PM me if you get stuck.

I recommend making QLab the master and the Ion the slave. In general, lighting consoles make great slaves but not so great masters. QLab, which is actually a show control product, is designed to easily program show control cues to trigger other products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back