ProIntercom LLC Wireless Com

aeh20s

Anybody on here have experience with Pro Intercom's wireless com system? They've been an inexpensive hardwired standard for so long, just wondering if their wireless is just as good. Thanks.

If you have a look here on various intercom-related threads you'll see a lot of people use and recommend the ProIntercom (Formerly a few different names) for smaller installations where the capabilities of more hard-hitting intercom systems are not needed. If all you need is a few channels of wired "clearcom" they will do you quite well enough, but don't expect the performance of the "big boys". I know a number of theatres that do quite well with these systems, and a few that use them in conjunction with a converter and some HME wireless.
The venue I spend most of my time in until 2019 had one that serviced the space quite well (I still have it but it's not hooked up), but I have moved on to a Clearcom Freespeak II system.

Note that wiring direction MATTERS (don't use turnaround) with their belt packs... It WILL WORK the wrong way but won't last.
You also may find it noisier than a modern made clear-com unit. But generally nothing you can't live with.

All-in-all I find the belt packs and headsets sturdy and serve well. I've also used them with older clearcom beltbacks, wall stations and headsets without fail.

As for their wireless... I have ZERO experience.
But I hazard a guess that it holds up like the wired counterpart. As long as you only need a few wireless, and don't need fancy channel controls and stuff afforded by units like the freespeak II or extra meshed transceivers... Then I am sure it will work fine. Sounds like a good solution to use wired in the booth and for the production table, and have the transceiver backstage (to give better range where it is needed) and have all the ASMs and such on it with a few wired beltpacks as a backup.
There is very little info I can see on the website at first look that would allow for a more informed analysis. However, it does actually look like it is independent of a wired intercom (offers a method of connection to one) and works by default on a headset-to-headset system since there is no actual base station required.
Curious as to what frequencies it uses and what kind of RF bandwidth is being used.

I appreciate the response, and that all makes sense. I tried getting a demo out of them through Barbizon but they shot me down. I may have convinced my higher ups to get me Freespeak anyway. Only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back