Projection for theatre

tymckz

Hi
I'm looking for a short throw projector for an aprox 30' back wall that can project gobo like looks (forest, stars, city...) as well as videos, but can black out (mute) pitch black when not in use. I've been looking at the Del S71QL, Epson Powerlite and the Optoma ZH400UST. Has anyone experience with these or have other suggestions? We're not looking to spend more that $4000-ish Thanks!

We use an NEC NC2000C (rated for 18k lumen) to project background images on a 38' wide surface, with the lights on it is barely adequate.

I'm not sure if any of those options are going to suffice.

If your budget is that low, I recommend looking to buy a used projector. To go completely black, you will need some sort of douser (external options available). You will likely need a projector with at least 10k lumens.

Here are a few things to consider: What is your projection surface and what are its reflective properties? Can you keep your stage lights off the surface, including light bouncing off the floor? Where will the projector be placed? What are you willing to compromise to make this happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back